PPRNet - Primary (Care) Practices Research Network
Qualified Clinical Data Registry (2017)
2017: PPRNet – QCDR for MIPS Open Enrollment!
Registration is now open to enroll in PPRNet – Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR) for 2017. This is the third year that PPRNet has been designated as a QCDR by CMS. PPRNet is approved to submit data in the Quality, Improvement Activities, and Advancing Care Information MIPS Performance categories for 2017.
Provider/Practice Requirements to submit MIPS data via PPRNet:
- Join PPRNet. MIPS data submission by PPRNet QCDR is considered a free benefit of PPRNet membership. Practices must pay their 2017 and 2018 membership fees to be eligible for the 2017 PPRNet QCDR MIPS submission.
- Submit data to PPRNet at least four times in 2017
- Authorize PPRNet to submit their data to CMS via an updated Business Associate Agreement and individual provider authorization signature
- Provide to PPRNet the NPI/TIN numbers for the providers and practice
- Provide to PPRNet a copy of a Medicare claim form for each provider
- Conduct a chart audit in 2018 to verify data accuracy prior to MIPS submission
- Provide necessary information to PPRNet for Improvement Activities and Advancing Care Information categories
2017 is the performance year for calculation of the 2019 Medicare payment adjustments. By participating in the 2017 PPRNet – QCDR, providers can avoid a -4% Medicare payment adjustment in 2019 and be eligible to receive a positive payment adjustment.
If you billed Medicare for more than $30,000 and provided care for more than 100 patients then you must submit data to MIPS by March 2018. To check your provider or practice MIPS Participation Status check here.
More information on the Quality Payment Program can be found here.
More information from CMS on the QCDR mechanism can be found here.
The detailed list of the 6 MIPS and 12 Non-MIPS Quality Measures supported by PPRNet is found here.
Quality Benchmarks for comparison can be found here.