Goals for Education and Student Life
- Continue to implement the practices of the MUSC Excellence Program.
- Support personal welfare and professional development of division staff, recognizing accomplishments.
An annual employee satisfaction survey achieves a minimum of 80% who are pleased to be working at MUSC and who evaluate the culture as valuing diversity.
- Enhance the academic success and educational experience of our student body through support of their diverse learning needs.
At least 80% of students agree that university level student services and student life contribute to a positive MUSC experience.
- Maintain a high level of student satisfaction with Education and Student Life and maximize available resources.
Students have an overall satisfaction rate of 80% or higher with our services.
- Increase participation in interprofessional student activities sponsored by Education and Student Life, including student volunteer hours in the MUSC Gives Back Program.
- Support the educational initiatives of the colleges through educational technology enhancements.
Implement the Academic Web Portal.
- Promote interprofessional understanding among the student body through support of the Creating Collaborative Care Initiative, Interprofessional Day, the Presidential Scholars Program and
other curricular and extracurricular activities.
Develop metrics assessing success.
- Enhance the health and well-being of the MUSC student body.
Develop baseline data and metrics to assess student health behaviors.
- Enhance communication, business processes and service with greater use of information technology and web-enhanced interactions aligned at the university level.
- Continue to support intercultural collaboration among students, faculty and staff using the National Coalition Building Institute Model (NCBI) while supporting an increasingly diverse student body.
Increase the number of campus participants in NCBI training. Develop metrics assessing program effectiveness.
- Continue to incorporate best business practices with less financial reliance on state funding by proactively seeking new ways to expand our educational services regionally and globally.
Increase Wellness Center programs and revenue by 10%. Contain personnel costs and operational expenses.
Pursue collaborations with institutions abroad.
- Preserve division cash reserves for exclusive purposes of major one-time expenditures such as facility upgrades, deferred maintenance projects and technology initiatives.