STATE OBSERVED HOLIDAYS for CHRISTMAS 2010 and NEW YEAR’S DAY 2011
The following is a list of Official State holidays for Christmas and New Year’s Day for State employees of the Medical University. Employees of the Medical University Hospital Authority are not subject to State Human Resource Regulations and have a different PTO/Holiday Plan.
- Christmas Eve - Friday, December 24
- Christmas Day - Monday, December 27 (Observed)
- Day after Christmas – Tuesday, December 28 (Observed)
- New Year’s Day - Monday, January 3, 2011 (Observed)
All employees who occupy State FTE or research grant positions, regardless of their regular schedules, are entitled to these holidays. Should scheduling problems exist requiring that employees work, compensatory time can be granted. Please refer to the Holiday Policy, No. 23, on the MUSC Home Page, Human Resources, University Human Resources, Policies website, or at http://www.musc.edu/hrm2/policies/policy23.html.
The Office of Parking Management and University Transportation Services will be closed on December 24, 27 and 28, 2010 and January 3, 2011, in observance of these holidays. Ambulatory Care and MUHA employees who are required to work on these days are invited to park in one of the following employee parking facilities:
- President Street parking garage (PGII/E Lot), 91 President Street
- Bee Street parking garage (PGVII/A Lot), corner of Bee & Courtenay
- Courtenay Drive garage (PG V/K Lot), Charleston Center Drive
- Rutledge Tower parking garage (PGIII/W Lot), corner of Vanderhorst Street and Rutledge Avenue
Although December 27 and 28 are State holidays, clinical areas of the hospital and other entities will operate their normal services on these days. Therefore, the patient/visitor unit of Parking Management will operate patient parking facilities as usual on Monday, December 27, and Tuesday, December 28.
The Office of Parking Management reminds you that parking in a patient/visitor parking garage is prohibited unless otherwise stated or pre-authorized. Any employee in violation of this policy is at risk to receive a parking citation, and payment of hourly parking fees will be required upon exiting the parking lot.
The MUSC Office of Parking Management hearing hours for appeals of parking citations are cancelled for December 24, 27 and 28, 2010 and January 3, 2011. The normal schedule will resume on Tuesday, January 4, 2011.
STATE OBSERVED HOLIDAYS for CALENDAR YEAR 2011
Listed below are dates on which legal holidays for South Carolina State employees will be observed during 2011. Departments with a seven-days-a-week operation should ensure that full-time employees who do not work the Monday through Friday workweek receive the same number of holidays as those who do. Employees of the Medical University Hospital Authority are not subject to State Human Resource Regulations and have a different PTO/Holiday Plan.
- New Year’s Day - Monday, January 3 (Observed)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - Monday, January 17
- George Washington’s Birthday/President’s Day - Monday, February 21
- Confederate Memorial Day - Tuesday, May 10
- National Memorial Day - Monday, May 30
- Independence Day - Monday, July 4
- Labor Day - Monday, September 5
- Veterans Day - Friday, November 11
- Thanksgiving Day - Thursday, November 24
- Day After Thanksgiving - Friday, November 25
- Christmas Eve - Friday, December 23 (Observed)
- Christmas Day - Monday, December 26 (Observed)
- Day After Christmas - Tuesday, December 27 (Observed)
For additional information, please refer to HRM Policy No. 23.0 or the Faculty Handbook, or call extension 2-7225.