DESS Employees of the Quarter announced
During the April 28th all staff meeting, new division leader Dr. Darlene Shaw presented “Employee of the Quarter” honors to five distinguished Division of Education and Student Services (DESS) staff members in recognition of their outstanding contributions to the division and the university.
Congratulations to awardees Damon Amella, Thomas Hamm, Jeff Holt, James Johnson and Rhonda Walters! Nominations for Employee of the Quarter and individual merits were evaluated by a selection committee of peers from all units within the division.
Inspired by the MUSC Excellence initiative, DESS “Employee of the Quarter” recipients continuously display such attributes as the following:
- Reliable and consistent
- Spirit of congeniality, generates enthusiasm in others
- Volunteering services that are beyond assigned responsibilities
Quality of Work
- Provides first class customer support
- Consistently provides high quality work that exceeds expectations
- Finds creative ways to increase efficiency and save the department time and money
Leadership and Interpersonal Skills
- Inspires others to work together and achieve their fullest potential
- Instills a sense of respect and trust in their colleagues
- Flexible in changing environments, fluidly handles problems as they occur
For more information about the division’s Staff Recognition Program, please refer to our website http://www.musc.edu/academics/recognition/index.html. Nomination forms are available online.