Center on Aging
Aging Related Web Links
AARP- Nonprofit, Nonpartisan Membership Organization that Helps People 50 and Over Improve the Quality of Their Lives
Administration on Aging - Emergency preparedness, Statistics, Benefits, etc
- Aging Eye Times - Information on Aging Eye Diseases
- All About Seniors - Online Resource & Referral Directory of the Carolinas
- Alzheimers Association: SC Chapter
- American Geriatrics Society - Implements and Advocates for Programs in Patient Care, Research, Professional & Public Education, and Public Policy
American Hospice Foundation - Expectations, Tips, Medicare and Hospice Information
American Society on Aging - Resources, Publications and Educational Opportunities
Association for Gerontology in Higher Education (AGHE) - Advancing Gerontology as a Field of Study in Higher Education Institutions
Beeson Physician Faculty Scholars - Development Awards in Aging Research Program
Care for Life in Charleston, SC - Home Care Services and Resources for Seniors and Their Loved Ones
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention - Online Source for Credible Health Information
Eldercare Workforce Alliance - The Eldercare Workforce Alliance is a Group of 28 National Organizations, Joined Together to Address the Immediate and Future Workforce Crisis in Caring for an Aging America.
Drug Watch - Database Featuring Extensive Information About Thousands of Different Medications and Drugs Currently on the Market or Previously Available Worldwide
Gerontological Society of America - Research, Education and Practice in Aging
Grief Center - Support for Grieving Adults & Children
ITN Charleston Trident - Independent Transportation Network; Dignified Transportation for Seniors
Lieutenant Governor's Office on Aging - Coordinates Needs & Interests of Older South Carolinians
Medicare - Up to Date Information on Medicare
MERCK Manual of Geriatrics - Research-Driven Pharmaceutical Company
Michael J. Fox Foundation - Parkinson's Treatment Information
National Council on Aging, Inc. - News for Older Americans on Healthy Aging
NIA: National Institute on Aging - Health and Aging Organization
NIH: National Institute on Health - A-Z Health Topics
- Office on Aging: SC Access - Search Aging and Disability Information (Providers, Resources, etc) in SC
- Parkinson Association of the Carolinas - To provide support and share information with Parkinson's disease patients, families, and friends
- Paying for Senior Care - Understanding Financial Options for Long Term Care
Power to End Stroke - An education and awareness campaign that embraces and celebrates the culture, energy, creativity and lifestyles of Americans. It unites people to help make an impact on the high incidence of stroke within their communities.
Science Daily - Current Research on Aging Related Illnesses
- SC Aging in Place Council - Advocating for People to Prepare to Remain in Their Residence---Independently, Comfortably and Safely.
- South Carolina Aging Research Network - (SCARN) A multi-institutional consortium of geriatric disciplines working together to utilize researchers' expertise and push forward a research agenda benefiting South Carolina seniors.
Patient Oriented Problem Solving activity (POPS)
This document presents an activity pertaining to geriatrics and ethics. The package has four different books to be distributed to four different students, which will work as a group for a two hour period. The post-tests are scored, but the grades do not enter in the computation of the final grade. Instead, they are used for self-assessment and for identification of students in need of remediation.
This activity was developed by an interdisciplinary team at MUSC and is provided courtesy of Dr. Virella, M.D., Ph.D., Department of Microbiology and Immunology.
Download POPS here
Pamphlets and Brochures
All information listed is readily available in our office. Call (843-792-0712) or email (email@example.com) if you would like us to mail you a copy of anything on the above lists
**For referrals to Home Health Care, Assisted Living and Hospice Care in Charleston please contact us at 843-792-3699
- Guia para Quienes Cuidan Personas con la Enfermedad de Alzheimer
- Proteccion en el Hogar: para las Personas con la Enfermedad de Alzheimer
- La Enfermedad de Alzheimer
- Informacion de Salud para las Personas de la Tercera Edad
- Medicamentos para la Enfermedad de Alzheimer