The benefits of being a member of the Alpha-1 Research Registry include:
1. An opportunity to participate in clinical trials for new treatments.
2. An opportunity to participate in research directed toward answering basic scientific questions about Alpha-1.
3. A detailed knowledge of upcoming research in the Alpha-1 community.
4. Opportunity to participate in survey studies about Alpha-1.
5. The receipt of an informative biannual newsletter.
Remember that by being a Registry member, you are not obligated to participate in any study. Each research invitation will give you the choice of participation.
Without the dedication and proactive stance to research that Alphas have demonstrated in the past, the Alpha-1 community would not have the medical advancements and national visibility that it has today.