College of Graduate Studies
Graduate instruction in the basic sciences was offered for the first time in 1949, with programs in anatomy, chemistry, pathology, pharmacology, and physiology. A program in microbiology was added the following year. The first master of science degree was conferred in 1951. The first doctor of philosophy degree was awarded in 1952. A committee focused on graduate studies managed graduate training programs until 1965, when the School of Graduate Studies was formally organized as the fourth branch of the University (joining Medicine, Pharmacy and Nursing). Graduate programs in biometry were initiated in 1970, molecular and cellular biology and pathobiology in 1978, pharmaceutical sciences in 1982, and environmental sciences in 1994.
Membership & Dues
News & Upcoming Events
Awards & Recognitions
College of Graduate Studies Web site