College of Medicine
The College of Medicine, founded in 1824, was the first medical school in the southern United States. The college pioneered in clinical teaching and its faculty members wrote some of America's first medical textbooks. For over 180 years, the College of Medicine has been dedicated to the training of physicians. Today, it is comprised of more than 25 departments which independently and collectively contribute to the education of future physicians.
The College of Medicine admits 135 students each year into its four-year medical curriculum. The students are awarded a doctor of medicine (MD) degree upon their completion of the college's academic requirements. Two years of basic science instruction and two years of clinical education are closely supervised by full- and part-time faculty members.
In addition, the College of Medicine, in conjunction with the College of Graduate Studies, offers the Medical Scientist Training Program which leads to an MD/PhD degree.
Board of Directors
Membership & Dues
News & Upcoming Events
Awards & Recognitions
College of Medicine Web site