The Distinguished Alumnus Award is given annually to one or more graduates of the MUSC College of Health Professions in recognition of outstanding professional achievement, service to the individual’s profession, the community, the College, and/or the University, excellence in leadership, professional growth, and/or educational advancement or service.
2016 Alumni Award deadline: March 4, 2016
Selection Criteria Include:
- Demonstrated leadership in professional practice, education or community
- Been active in professional organization at the community, state or national level
- Served on committees or held office in professional organization(s)
- Published articles or submitted grant applications
- Introduced new technology, invention, or practice techniques
- Demonstrated active involvement with the College of Health Professions through membership in the Alumni Association or participation in its activities, providing guest lectures, participation in recruitment or admissions activities, etc.
- Participated in continuing education either through attendance or as a speaker
- Received or is pursuing an advanced degree
- Participated in service to the community in civic organizations and/or service groups
- Received recognition for outstanding accomplishment in activities unrelated to profession
PLEASE NOTE: The alumnus/a need not meet all criteria to be nominated and considered for this award.
Award Recipient Bios
|2016 Distinguished Alumni Awards
Both Mr. Kevin D. Briggs, Class of 2000 and Dr. Brian Kasson, Class of 1991 were awarded the MUSC College of Health Professions 2016 Distinguished Alumnus Award.
|2015 Distinguished Alumnus Awards
Both Dr. Michael Burcham, DHA Class of 2003 and Dr. Brian R. Poplin, DHA Class of 2010 were awarded the 2015 Distinguished Alumni Award.
|[ First ] [ Prev ] [ Next ] [ Last ]|