College of Pharmacy
In 1881, the Medical College created a department of pharmacy that was the first of its kind in the South. The School of Pharmacy was organized in 1882, discontinued after two years, then resumed on a permanent basis in 1894. The school offered the degree of graduate in pharmacy (PhG). This program established the foundation for developing a program for a degree of bachelor of science in pharmacy that begun in 1936. The doctor of pharmacy degree program began in 1973 and a PhD program in pharmaceutical sciences was initiated in 1982 (the latter administered through the MUSC College of Graduate Studies in collaboration with the University of South Carolina).
The mission of the College of Pharmacy is to promote pharmaceutical care to the citizens of South Carolina and the nation through fundamental commitment to education, service, and research by educating and training pharmacy professionals and research scientists in an optimal environment for learning and discovery, as well as providing educational opportunities for South Carolina pharmacists to promote lifelong learning.
Board of Directors
Membership & Dues
News & Upcoming Events
Awards & Recognitions
College of Pharmacy Website
Building the Future of Pharmacy - Campaign Website