Foundations In Teaching And Learning - A Series For Educators
A 7-part series for faculty new to teaching or experienced faculty who want to share their expertise and explore additional teaching strategies. The series will provide opportunities for learning, networking, and mentoring.
To Be Announced
12:00 - 1:00 PM
Dates / Topics:
- September 4 - Session #1: Getting Ready to Teach (Start with the End in Mind)
- September 18 - Session #2: Portfolios
- October 2 - Session #3: Instructional Design in the Real World
- October 15 - Session #4: Teaching Methods and Techniques
- October 29 - Session #5: Formative Assessment
- November 6 - Session #6: Summative Assessment, Part I
- November 20 - Session #7: Summative Assessment, Part II: The Role of Testing in Teaching: Creating Effective Test Questions
Participants will complete out of class assignments and engage in interactive sessions, mentoring, shadowing, and other experiences useful for building a teaching portfolio.
Videos - Best Advice