Women Scholars Initiative
for the Advancement, Recruitment, and Retention of Women (ARROW Initiative)
- AAMC Group on Women in Medicine and Science (GWIMS)
- The mission of the GWIMS is to advance the full and successful participation of women in all roles within academic medicine
- Drexel University Hedwig Van Ameringen Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine (ELAM)
- The ELAM program for Women is the nation's only in-depth program focused on preparing senior women faculty at schools of medicine, dentistry and public health for institutional leadership positions where they can effect positive change.
- Harvard Institute for Higher Education Graduate School of Education Programs
- Higher Education Resource Services (HERS)
- South Carolina Women in Higher Education (SCWHE)
- Optimizing the Practice of Mentoring: Mentoring is an effective, adaptable, and practical strategy for supporting the development of a successful faculty career. The University of Minnesota Clinical & Translational Science Institute has developed a free, online, professional development course designed to prepare faculty from a range of disciplines to be effective research mentors for junior faculty, post-doctoral fellows and graduate students. For more information, please visit the website.
- The attached pdf describes some brief, affordable leadership courses being conducted locally by College of Charleston. Although we do not have any experience with these, they look promising. If you attend any of them or know about the speakers, please provide feedback to WSI/ARROW Coordinator, Megan McDonough so that we know whether to continue promoting these opportunities. The pdf is here