MUSC Employee Wellness eventsTweet
The Employee Wellness program promotes the health and wellness of the MUSC community. The following are events and classes offered through the program.
For information, contact Susan Johnson, Ph.D., at email@example.com or Suzan Benenson Whelan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Events, speakers, classes, or any other ideas are welcome. Be sure to like the Employee Wellness page on Facebook to keep up with events.
- Zumba at Harborview Office Tower: Join licensed Zumba instructor Felecia Curry for a weekly Wednesday night class held from 5 until 6 p.m. in Room 302, Haborview Office Tower. Email email@example.com for more information or to register.
- Worksite screening: The next worksite screening will be held May 16 in the Wellness Center Auditorium. This screening, valued at about $350, is available to employees with the State Health Plan for $15 (covered spouses can also participate for $15). Employees and spouses without this insurance can participate for $42. The screening includes: height, weight, blood pressure and a blood draw for a blood chemistry profile, hemogram, and a blood lipid profile. To register, go to www.musc.edu/employeewellness and click “Worksite Screening Appointment.”
- Gold Pass: Play in seven different county parks all year long for one price. Charleston County Parks and Recreation Gold Pass membership is valid for up to 15 people per vehicle and offers unlimited visits on an annual basis and a VIP booklet packed full of park and event related discounts. The cost is $55.25 and includes one free Adventure Out T-shirt for participation in all fitness classes during the month of May. Purchase at http://ccprc.com/index.aspx?NID=10 or call 795-4386.
- MUSC Healthy Challenge Tuesdays with the RiverDogs: Tuesday night games will now be geared toward living and promoting a healthy lifestyle featuring a sponsorship with MUSC Wellness Center, Healthy Charleston Challenge and with support from MUSC Urban Farm. Healthy concessions options are now available throughout the season, featuring the MUSC Urban Farm Veggie Taco, made from crops grown on the MUSC Urban Farm. Special discounted tickets to all Tuesday games, with reserved group seating just for MUSC are available (tickets must be purchased by noon the day of the game). Gates open at 6 p.m., and game time is 7:05 p.m. To purchase discounted tickets, visit http://cr1.glitnirticketing.com/crticket/web/gpcaptcha.php. When prompted enter the Group Password: “healthy.” Stop by the MUSC table to enter a drawing for free wellness center passes and other health and wellness information.
MUSC Urban Farm
- Work and Learn with child-friendly activities on the first and third Saturdays: The next one will be from 9 until 11 a.m., May 4. Bring a plastic bag and take home produce in return for your work efforts on the farm or help gather for donations on certain days. Closed-toe shoes must be worn. The event is open to the community.
- Early bird maintenance: Come help take care of the farm from 7:30 until 8:30 a.m. May 8.