MUSC Employee Wellness eventsTweet
The Employee Wellness program promotes the health and wellness of the MUSC community. The following are events and classes offered through the program.
For information, contact Susan Johnson, Ph.D., at firstname.lastname@example.org or Suzan Benenson Whelan at email@example.com. Be sure to like the Employee Wellness page on Facebook to keep up with events.
Employee Wellness events
- Worksite screening: On June 18 in Room 105B, McClennan Banks, a screening, valued at about $350, is available to employees and their spouses with the state health plan for $15. Employees and spouses without this insurance can participate for $42. The screening includes: height, weight, blood pressure and a blood draw for a blood chemistry profile, hemogram, and a blood lipid profile. To register, go to www.musc.edu/employeewellness and click “Worksite Screening Appointment.”
- Employee Fitness Series: Physio-ball will be offered from 4:15 until 4:45 p.m., June 19. This free class will deliver an overall body workout that will challenge and improve muscular endurance and strength, improve cardiovascular fitness, increase core strength and control, and improve body efficiency and function. Participants will receive a free day pass to the Wellness Center. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- MUSC Healthy Challenge Tuesdays with the RiverDogs: Tuesday night games are geared toward a healthy lifestyle, featuring a sponsorship with MUSC Wellness Center, Healthy Charleston Challenge and support from the Urban Farm. Healthy concessions are available throughout the season, featuring the MUSC Urban Farm Veggie Taco, made from crops grown on the farm. Discounted tickets to all Tuesday games throughout the season are available with reserved group seating. Tickets must be purchased by noon the day of the game. Gates open at 6 p.m., and game time is 7:05 p.m. Visit http://cr1.glitnirticketing.com/crticket/web/gpcaptcha.php. When prompted to enter the password, type “healthy.”
- Early-bird maintenance: Get your day started with a care for the farm from 7:30 until 8:30 a.m., June 19.
- Work and Learn with child-friendly activities: From 9 until 11 a.m. on June 15, bring a plastic bag and take home some fresh produce in return for work efforts on the farm.