Employee Wellness eventsTweet
By Susan Johnson, Ph.D.
Health at Work
The Employee Wellness program promotes the health and wellness of the MUSC community. The following are events and classes offered through the program.
For information, contact Susan Johnson, Ph.D., at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Suzan Benenson Whelan, at email@example.com. Events, speakers, classes, or any other ideas are welcome. Be sure to like the Employee Wellness page on Facebook to keep up with events.
Employee Wellness events
- Farmers markets: Fresh fruits and vegetables are available from local farmers on Friday from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Horseshoe.
- Blood drives: Donors are needed from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m., June 21 at Ashley River Tower’s first-floor auditorium and June 26 at the Horseshoe. Schedule your donation online at redcrossblood.org (sponsor code: MUSC). All presenting donors will receive a free cup of frozen yogurt courtesy of Sweet CeCe’s Charleston and be entered into a drawing for $25 for the cafeteria courtesy of Sodexo.
- MUSC Healthy Challenge Tuesdays with the RiverDogs: Tuesday night games will now be geared toward living and promoting a healthy lifestyle featuring sponsorships with the MUSC Wellness Center, Healthy Charleston Challenge and MUSC Urban Farm. Healthy concession options are available throughout the season and feature the veggie taco, which is made from crops grown on the MUSC Urban Farm.Special discounted tickets to all Tuesday games throughout the season are available at http://cr1.glitnirticketing.com/crticket/web/gpcaptcha.php. When prompted, enter the group password: “healthy.” Tickets must be purchased by noon the day of the game. Gates open at 6 p.m., and the game time is 7:05 p.m.
MUSC Urban Farm
- Early-bird maintenance: Get your day started with a little tender loving care for the farm from 7:30 until 8:30 a.m., June 26.
- Work and Learn with child-friendly activities: From 9 until 11 a.m., July 6, bring a plastic bag and take home some fresh produce in return for work efforts on the farm or help gather for donations on certain days. Wear closed-toe shoes.