MUSC Employee Wellness eventsTweet
The Employee Wellness program promotes the health and wellness of the MUSC community. The following events and classes are offered through the program.
- Worksite screening: June 18 in Room 105B, McClennan Banks. The screening, valued at about $350, is available to employees with the State Health Plan for $15 (covered spouses can participate for $15). Employees and spouses without this insurance can participate for $42. The screening includes: height, weight, blood pressure and a blood draw for a blood chemistry profile, hemogram, and a blood lipid profile. To register, go to www.musc.edu/employeewellness and click “Worksite Screening Appointment.”
- Employee Fitness Series: Physio-ball Workout. This class will deliver an overall body workout that will improve muscular endurance and strength, improve cardiovascular fitness, increase core strength and control, and improve body efficiency and function. Participants will receive a free day-pass to the Wellness Center. E-mail email@example.com to register for this free class.
- MUSC Healthy Challenge Tuesdays with the RiverDogs: Tuesday night games will now be geared toward promoting a healthy lifestyle, featuring sponsors from MUSC Wellness Center, Healthy Charleston Challenge and with support from MUSC Urban Farm. Healthy concessions options are now available throughout the season, featuring the Urban Farm veggie taco, made from crops grown on the farm. In addition, special discounted tickets will be offered for all Tuesday games, with reserved group seating just for MUSC (tickets must be purchased by noon the day of the game). Gates open at 6 p.m., and game time is 7:05 p.m. To purchase discounted tickets, visit http://cr1.glitnirticketing.com/crticket/web/gpcaptcha.php. When prompted enter the group password: “healthy.” During the game, stop by the MUSC table to enter a drawing for free Wellness Center passes and other health and wellness information and giveaways.
MUSC Urban Farm:
- Early-bird maintenance: The farm can use some extra maintenance from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m., June 12.
- Lunch and learn session: Join registered dietitian Debbie Petitpain for a discussion on how to stay energized and hydrated without overloading on calories, sugar or caffeine from 12:15 to 12:45 p.m., June 12.
- Work and Learn with child-friendly activities: The farm will feature activities geared toward younger children from 9 to 11 a.m., June 15. Bring a plastic bag and take home produce or help gather for donations on certain days. Closed-toe shoes must be worn.