Aug. 9 declared 'Dr. Ray Greenberg Day'Tweet
South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley presents outgoing MUSC President Raymond Greenberg, M.D., Ph.D., with a proclamation declaring Aug. 9 as "Dr. Ray Greenberg Day."
According to Haley, Greenberg left his mark at MUSC. "Dr. Greenberg has had tremendous leadership and vision with the university, and what we wanted was to celebrate him, and let him know that South Carolina is forever changed because of him. We will always appreciate his leadership."
Incoming Interim President Mark Sothmann, Ph.D., right, was present during the Aug. 9 event along with MUSC Board of Trustees Chairman Thomas Stephenson, center, and other board members and guests.
The presentation was a surprise to Greenberg and was appreciated.
"I want to thank the governor for taking the time to do this out of her busy schedule. South Carolina is my home now, and I plan to return," he said.
- President Dr. Ray Greenberg reflects on MUSC career before heading to Texas
- Former president James B. Edwards, DMD, explains why Greenberg was selected
- MUSC family, friends say goodbye to 'truly transformative leader'
- MUSC president announces departure, new opportunity
- Provost, VP for academic affairs named interim president
August 13, 2013