MUSC Employee Wellness eventsTweet
- Farmers markets: Fresh fruit and vegetables are available from local farmers from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., every Tuesday at Harborview Office Tower lobby, and Wednesday and Thursday at Ashley River Tower. The market also will be available from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. every Friday at the Horseshoe. Look for new vendors: Angel Blends, Roadside Blooms and Old Whaling Company.
MUSC Urban Farm
- Celebrate Brazilian Independence Day from 12:15 to 12:45 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 5 at the Urban Farm. Order ahead tasty Brazilian lunch for $6 which includes vegetable casserole, corn cake, and fruit topped mousse. Join chef Teca of Brazilianuts Food Service and Events for a cultural journey through her native country. Email email@example.com to reserve a space. Cash payment (only) due at the event. Reservations by Sept. 3.
- Lunch & Learn: Thursday, noon to 1 p.m. under the oak tree. The topic is: Transitioning your garden for fall planting, part 2.
- Work & Learns: 4 to 5 p.m., Thursdays.
- Early-bird maintenance: Start the day at the Urban Farm from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m.
- Work and Learn with child friendly activities: The Urban Farm is open to children and their families from 9 to 11 a.m. on the first and third Saturdays of the month. The next one scheduled is Sept. 7. Bring a plastic bag and take home some fresh produce in return for work efforts on the farm or help gather for donations on certain days. Wear closed-toe shoes. No experience or prior knowledge is necessary.
Contact Susan Johnson, Ph.D., at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on the Office of Health Promotion and Suzan Benenson Whelan at email@example.com for information about Employee Wellness. Events, classes, or any other ideas are welcome.August 28, 2013