A Festivus for the rest of usTweet
by Susan Johnson, Ph.D.
Office of Health Promotion director
The MUSC Office of Health Promotion presents the fifth annual “Healthy Holiday Live” on Wednesday, Dec. 10 from noon – 2 p.m. at the Library Portico.
Enjoy a fun break from holiday, work and end–of–semester stress with games, food and unique gift options. In addition to food trucks, healthy, delicious Wellness Grab and Go Boxed Lunches will be available for purchase - $5 includes bottled water, while supplies last.
- Chair massages — Free massages are offered to employees midday on Wednesdays. Check broadcast messages for locations and times.
- Farmers Markets — Fresh fruits and vegetables are available from local farmers on Fridays from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Horseshoe.
- Flu Shot Satellite clinics will be held —
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Dec. 6, 2 West Classroom, and Dec. 11 from 6 to 10 p.m., 2 West Classroom
- MUSC Employee Fitness Series Class — Abs, 4:15 to 4:45 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 17 at the Wellness Center. Free day pass to Wellness Center for all participants. This class involves cardio and resistance training that targets the abdominal core using props. To register, email email@example.com.
- Worksite Screening — Friday, Dec. 12, Wellness Center Auditorium. This screening, valued at about $350, is available to employees with the State Health Plan (including MUSC Health Plan) for only $15 (covered spouses also can participate for $15). Employees and spouses without this insurance can participate for $42.To register, visit www.musc.edu/employeewellness and click “Worksite Screening Appointment.”
MUSC Urban Farm
- Midday Work and Learn — 12:15 to 12:45 p.m., Tuesdays
- Early Bird Maintenance — 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays. Get your day started at the farm.
- First and Third Saturdays, family-friendly Work & Learn — 9 to 11 a.m., Dec. 6.
For information, contact Dr. Susan Johnson via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Suzan Benenson Whelan at email@example.com.December 5, 2014