MUSC Medical Center Communications CornerTweet
National Doctor’s Day is recognized each year on March 30, and is a day to celebrate the contribution of physicians who serve the country by caring for its citizens.
U.S. News & World Report ranked MUSC #1 hospital in South Carolina and Best Doctors, Inc. recently recognized almost 300 MUSC physicians as Best Doctors.
The following are comments made to MUSC physicians from patients:
MUSC proved to be a great place to come and have our baby. I can’t say enough good things about Dr. Ashlyn Savage (OB-GYN)! All the doctors, residents, nurses were excellent. Their service was great! I am a nurse, as well as my husband, and we were both very confident in everyone that took care of me and our son. I also could appreciate the students that I encountered while there. I will not be having any more babies but would come back to MUSC if I were. Thank you for taking such great care of me and my family!
- I was in a very serious condition when Dr. David Adams (Gastrointestinal & Laparoscopic Surgery) agreed to take my case. Without his expertise, compassion and willingness to do whatever it takes, the outcome for me would have been truly in doubt. His success gives me the opportunity to continue a healthy and productive life. I am a very fortunate person and fully understand this fact!
- The doctors and nurses were excellent! I have no complaints and would recommend this hospital without hesitation. I had a blood clot after my surgery and my doctor came back to perform the second surgery. He kept my family updated as to how my surgery was going. I am very blessed to have met Dr. M. Imran Chaudry (Interventional Radiology) and his excellent team! They saved my life!
- Excellent, professional and helpful staff! If you need a cardiology procedure, Dr. J. Marcus Wharton (Cardiology) and his team are the ones you want to preform the procedure.
- Dr. Pinckney J. Maxwell IV (Gastrointestinal & Laparoscopic Surgery) and the staff of Ashley River Tower same-day surgery, were extremely kind, courteous, patient, and efficient in taking care of me. I was really nervous about my procedure, but they put me at ease and made me forget about being afraid. So, I say to Dr. Pickney Maxwell & staff to keep up their good work.
- I was very pleased with the whole staff starting with Dr. Harry Clarke (Urology) and all of his staff. Everyone was always ready to help and I got the answers I needed. I would give MUSC a 10+ on everything.
- The quality of care/attention I received from Dr. John S. Ikonomidis (Cardiothoracic Surgery) and the Cardiothoracic Surgery Clinic (nurses, staff, receptionist) was exceptional. Should I require cardiothoracic surgery in the near or distant future I will request Dr. Ikonomidis and his staff. I can’t imagine going to any other provider, and I hope I will not have to.
- I thank God every day for directing my path to your clinic as I have not one thing negative to say about this place or staff. Dr. David Cole (Surgery) is wonderful and so thorough and thoughtful as well as my group of oncologist doctors I saw and am seeing now. I had surgeryat Rutledge Tower and got excellent care there also. I just can’t say enough about both places and staff as they were so good to me and my family.
- Dr. Nicholas J. Pastis (Hollings Cancer Center) and his team, along with the other physician that works along side of him are nothing short of spectacular; being concerned with problems from a routine set of tests hit our family rather hard. We were welcomed with open arms at MUSC and the Hollings Cancer Center. Dr. Pastis and Dr. Carlos went above and beyond to answer all concerns and questions and even worked around out families schedule to schedule my grandmother’s procedures. Thank you all so much for everything you do. These physicians and nurses are awesome!
- Dr. Terry Day, Dr Paul Tennant, nurse Sandy, nurse practioner Tiffany, and physician assistant Kym Little (Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery) are the most caring team of medical professionals I’ve ever met. Each is knowledgeable and compassionate. As a cancer patient, I was terrified and they did not downplay the concerns that I had, but addressed each concern in a realistic, yet kind, manner. I do not think I could receive better care anywhere else in the world.
- Thank you Dr. Michelle Hudspeth, Dr. Ana Xavior, nurse practioner Lori Donahoo and all of the staff in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology and nurses Stacy Messersmith, Kimberly Kirk and Jessica Roberts, as well as many others on 7B, for taking such excellent care of my daughter. MUSC rocks.
- Thanks to Dr. Corey Michael Hatfield (Rheumatology & Immunology) and Dr. Todd Dantzler (Gastroenterology & Hepatology) for listening to me when I felt so bad. Their compassion and professional care always gives me hope to continue even when I’m in pain. Thanks to all the doctors, nurses and staff at MUSC.
- Dr. Bruce Frankel (Neurosurgery) is the most compassionate, caring physician I’ve ever had. He always listens attentively to whatever I’m saying, never rushes me and makes me feel as though I’m his only patient that day. I would highly recommend Dr. Frankel to anyone. Most importantly since he has performed spinal surgery on me in August 2013. I am now almost 100 percent pain–free for the first time in three years.
- I have been seeing Dr. Donals Fox (Internal Medicine) for many years and have received excellent care. I am 80 years old and I would not trade my doctor at MUSC for any other place.
- Every day that I come to work at MUSC and pass the pediatric ED, I am thankful for doctors like Dr. Scott Russell (Children’s Hospital). I have never been more frigthened than the night we rushed our very sick five–week old there. Not only did Dr. Russell and his team provide immediate, skillful and lifesaving care, he did something equally important. He communicated to me on the parent and human levels. His manner and expertise provided comfort and reduced my fear and anxiety. Dr. Russell is clearly doing what he was meant to do in life. Thank you.
MUSC will host a Doctor’s Day social media campaign, where patients and their families can recognize our doctors by posting comments on the MUSC Health and MUSC Children’s Hospital Facebook, Twitter and Community Blog sites using the hashtag #ThanksMUSCdocs.