Employee Wellness - EventsTweet
- Take the July Mindful Challenge —The July challenge is to eat less processed: Reconnect with real food. To begin, take the first July Monthly Mindful Challenge survey at http://tinurl.com/la6drdo (A link to final surey will be sent at month’s end to those who take the first survey).
- Employee Fitness Series — Exercise Bands from 12:15 to 12:45 p.m. July 16. Class will be led by fitness expert Katie Blaylock, MUSC Human Performance Lab. Free day pass to MUSC Wellness Center for all participants. Participants should check in at the Wellness Center membership desk for directions and free class and receive their pass. Email email@example.com to register.
- Worksite screening — July 18, University hospital, 2W Classroom.The screening, valued at about $350, is available to employees of the State Health Plan (including the MUSC Health Plan) for only $15 (covered spouses also can participate for $15). Employees and spouses without this insurance can participate for $42. To register, go to www.musc.edu/employeewellness.
- Fit Family Challenge — MUSC has partnered with Coca–Cola, Lowcountry Parent magazine, DHEC, S.C. Hospital Association, and CVS in an 8–week program in which S.C. residents are challenged to get out and get active. Register at http://www.fitfamilychallengesc.com. Families earn points for a chance to win prizes during the challenge period through July 10.
- Fight for Air Climb Charleston — Saturday, July 26, North Charleston Coliseum participants choose between the Climb (1,500 steps and higher), the Ultra Climb (5,000 steps and higher) or the Firefighter Challenge (firefighters climb more than 1,500 steps in full gear with the option of on–air or air–off). Practices held from 5:30 to 7 p.m., July 15 and from 8 to 9 a.m.,
- July 19, North Charleston Coliseum. Register at http://www.climbcharleston.org or call 556-8451
- Chair massages: Free massages are offered to employees on midday Wednesdays. Look for broadcast messages for locations and times.
- Farmers Markets: Enjoy fresh fruits and vegetables from local farmers on Tuesdays, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Harborview); Wednesdays and Thursdays, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (ART); and Fridays, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (Horseshoe).
Urban Farm (Summer)
- Sunset Work & Learn, 4 to 5 p.m., Take home some fresh produce in return for work efforts on the farm. Open to MUSC employees, students and the community.
- Third Thursday Lunch and Learn — 12:15 to 12:45 p.m. Stay as long as your schedule permits
- Third Saturday Family-friendly work and learn — 9 to 11 a.m., July 19.
- Bring a plastic bag and take home fresh produce in return for your work efforts on the farm.
- Early bird maintenance — Wednesday, 7:30 to 8:30 a.m.
For information on MUSC wellness events, contact Susan Johnson, Ph.D., Office of Health Promotion director at firstname.lastname@example.org or Suzan Beneson Whelan at email@example.com specific information about Employee Wellness or the MUSC Urban Farm. Events, speakers, classes or any other ideas are welcome.Like us on Facebook and to keep up with all MUSC wellness events.July 5, 2014