The CBI welcomes all MUSC researchers! To begin a study with the CBI, you must first have IRB approval for human research or IACUC approval for preclinical research. Next, call (843) 876-2480 to obtain login information for Calpendo, our online scheduling system, to use CBI equipment and facilities. If you need assistance at any time during this process or have any questions, call (843) 876-2480 for further information.
The information below will help you get started with the CBI.
CBI Policies and Procedures
Equipment & Rates
Please note that any use of the MUSC facilities in which a patient/subject is scanned for any reason outside of the standard of care should be classified as “Other Costs” under the NIH guidelines. “Patient Care Cost” is defined as any procedure/scan that is directly related to patient care and is deemed standard of care.
- Schedule equipment using Calpendo Scheduling System
- Scheduled time includes the total time spent in the scanner room.
- All equipment is scheduled in 30 minute blocks. Any portion over the 30 minutes will be billed as another 30 minute block.
- PIs are billed monthly for equipment use.
- If you need to cancel, please do so at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment.
Access internal documents via Sharepoint
- Log into Sharepoint (only accessible on MUSC network)
Add the CBI Calendar to your Outlook calendar
- From your Outlook calendar, click on “open shared calendar” at the top.
- Click on “name” and then find and click on “CBI, Calendar” on the list. -OR-
- Type in email@example.com.
- Click on “okay”.