The primary purpose of the MUSC CDM Student Research Group is to promote student research.
Secondarily the CDM SRG seeks to:
– Promote the advancement of dental research and careers in dental research.
– Further the stated aims and objectives of the AADR and the IADR as they relate to
Promote student research
– Support current student research and create new outlets for student research
– Direct students towards funding opportunities.
– Facilitate and encourage opportunities for students to share and promote their research.
• Hinman Symposium
• ADA Conference on Student Research
• Regional Student Research Conference(s)
– The NSRG Board actively seeks new opportunities to encourage current and future dental
Advancement of dental research
– Encourage quality student research and involvement.
• Annual AADR NSRG Competitions
- DENTSPLY/Caulk Clinical and Basic Science Competition
- Local SRG Contests (Newsletter, Membership and Abstracts)
- Peer review
• Offer a range of student experiences to allow students to practice with peer, local
mentors, and institutional mentors.
– The SRG facilitates the collaboration of students with common interests via Regional,
AADR, and IADR Annual meetings.
– Networking events provide an environment free of competition for students to learn from
each other by sharing their research experiences.
– Connect with other students using the NSRG online discussion forums, located here.