What is the Student Research Group?
The Student Research Group (SRG) is 1 of 20 Scientific Groups that comprise the International Association for Dental Research (IADR). It is composed of a network of self-governing chapters at each dental school and is led nationally by officers elected through a majority of votes from all members.
The MUSC CDM Student Research Group servers to:
- Provide student researchers with a national voice
- Provide a means for student researchers to protect their interests on a local as well as a national level
- Act as a support network linking all dental schools and their research programs
- Help students generate funds and ideas necessary to better the field of dentistry through new and inventive research
- Promote student participation in dental research and its related disciplines
- Promote the advancement of dental research and related aspects
- Further the aims and objectives of the AADR and IADR as they relate to student research
- Foster awareness of research and training opportunities in academic dentistry