Office of Academic and Faculty Affairs
Faculty Assembly 2014-2015
Chair – Jack Thomas
Chair Elect – David Howell
Past Chair – Patty Coker-Bolt
Secretary – Debora Brown
Nominations and Elections Committee
Angela Mund - Chair
Annie Simpson – Past Chair
Walter Jones - Chair
Office of the Dean
Sara Kraft - Chair
Faculty Awards Committee
Dusti Annan-Coultas - Chair
Promotion and Tenure
Faculty Track Designation Form (this is a .docx file and may be automatically download)
Promotion Guidelines 2012
Promotion Implementation Guidelines 2013
Tenure Policy 2013
Tenure Procedure 2013
Abbreviated CV template
Faculty Awards 2013 - Nominations Due September 18, 2013
Nominations are now being accepted for faculty awards and are due by September 18, 2013.
Please follow the four steps below to make your nomination:
- Step 1: Review a listing of past winners. Past winners from 2011 and 2012 are not eligible to win.
- Step 2: Review the Purpose and Nomination and Eligibility Criteria for each award. Please note that all awards require a letter of support. You will upload this letter of support when submitting a nomination via the SharePoint online submission form, as indicated in Step 4.
Teacher of the Year award: Nomination and Eligibility Criteria | The purpose of this award is to recognize the teaching excellence of a CHP faculty member holding the academic rank of Instructor or higher.
Excellence in Service/Clinical Service award: Nomination and Eligibility Criteria | The purpose of this award is to recognize and honor faculty members who, during a substantial portion of their careers, have provided exceptional and sustained service and contributions in teaching, research, health care, public service and/or clinical service to the college, university, and the citizens of South Carolina and the nation.
Developing Scholar of the Year award: Nomination and Eligibility Criteria | The purpose of this award is to recognize junior members of the MUSC CHP faculty who are promising research scholars as demonstrated by their research contributions.
Scholar of the Year award: Nomination and Eligibility Criteria | The purpose of this award is to recognize senior members of the MUSC CHP faculty who have an established research agenda as demonstrated by their research contributions.
- Step 3: Per the nomination criteria, write a letter of support for your nominee. Save the file as a Microsoft Word document. You will attach this document via the SharePoint online submission form when you submit your nomination.
- Step 4: Make a nomination online via the SharePoint form. (This form opens in a new browser tab/browser window. If you want to cancel the form or return to this page, close the tab/window). Follow these instructions in using this form:
- On the form that appears, look up a nominee's name by clicking the small "book" icon to the right of the field "Faculty nominee". In the window that appears, type the person's last name in the "Find" field. When the person's name appears, click on the name and then "OK".
- Select an award.
- Type your name.
- Attach your nomination letter by clicking "Attach File" from the menu at the top of the page. On the page that appears, click "Choose File" and located the file on your computer. Click "OK". The file is attached. You may attach more than one file. Repeat this step for each file you would like to attach.
- Click "Save" (don't check "Inactive"). Your submission will be saved. On the page that appears, you'll see all of your own nominations. All submissions will be visible to the CHP Faculty Awards Committee. If, from this page you would like to make additional nominations, click "Add new item"; to return to the Faculty Assembly webpage from this page, click "Faculty Assembly" in the upper left corner of the page.
Please note: The "Request a Curriculum Change Form","MUSC Course Request Form," and "MUSC Bulletin Update Form" are editable PDF files, which means that you can type directly into these forms. Please save the forms to your computer first by choosing "File">"Save as" or "Open with a different viewer" before beginning to type into the fields. Then, save the forms after you have made changes.
Forms and worksheets
Editable PDF versions
How to open and save the files below using Mozilla Firefox
Click any one of the links below. The form will appear in a new tab in your browser window. Then, click the "Open in a different viewer" button located in the upper right corner of the page that appears.
In the window that appears, choose "Open with...Adobe Acrobat". The form will open in Adobe Acrobat, and you will be able to save the file by choosing "Save as" from the File menu.
How to open and save the files below using Internet Explorer
Click any one of the links below. The form will appear in a new tab in your browser window. Then, click the "Save" icon located in the upper left corner.
In the window that then appears, indicate where you want to save the file.
Nominations and Elections