Successful MSNA applicants will have:
- Graduated from an accredited baccalaureate or higher nursing program, or hold a bachelor of science degree in a basic or appropriate health sciences field.
- Academic preparation and licensure as a registered nurse (RN).
- A minimum of one year full time experience as an RN in a critical care setting (e.g., ICU, CCU, SICU, MICU, etc.) when you apply to the program.
- A minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA.
- The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is required for all applicants who have an undergraduate GPA below 3.6.The GRE must be completed within the last 5 years. The GRE is waived if you have an undergraduate GPA of 3.6 or higher or if you hold an earned master's or higher level degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Required prerequisite courses include General Chemistry, Anatomy, Physiology, Pharmacology, and Statistics. Organic Chemistry, Pathophysiology and Microbiology are reccommended, but not required. For a list of frequently approved prerequisites, click here.
Provisional acceptance is considered with prerequisite courses or bachelor degree completion pending at the time of interview.
- Completed university application.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended (A minimum 3.0 GPA is required)
- Using MUSC reference forms, three professional references from the following:
- Your most recent employer
- A colleague
- Professional reference of your choice
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) results
- Resume or curriculum vitae indicating a minimum of one year, full-time experience in a critical care setting (ICU, MICU, PICU, CCU, etc.) at the time of application. Specify type of unit and exact dates of employment (eg Seaside Hosptial, MICU, Staff RN, Dec 97-Jan 99). Include your Anesthesia Clinical Shadowing Experience Log.
- Copy of nursing license
- International students need a copy of TOEFL if they have not studied in the U.S.
Note: All above information must be received before an admission decision can be made. It is the applicant's responsibility to review the status of his/her application by viewing: http://www.musc.edu/es/application/progress.html