Application deadline is October 1st, 2015. Check your application status.
Interview Dates for Invited Applicants: December 14th - 19th, 2015
Successful MSNA applicants will have:
- Graduated from an accredited baccalaureate or higher nursing program, or hold a bachelor of science degree in a basic or appropriate health sciences field.
- Academic preparation and licensure as a registered nurse (RN).
- A minimum of one year full time experience as an RN in a critical care setting (e.g., ICU, CCU, SICU, MICU, etc.) when you apply to the program.
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate level GPA of 3.0 (Note: this is for all college course work taken at the undergraduate level; this GPA will include BSN as well as non-BSN courses)
- The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is required for all applicants who have a cumulative undergraduate level GPA below 3.6. The GRE must be completed within the last 5 years. The GRE is waived if you have a cumulative undergraduate level GPA of 3.6 or higher, or if you hold an earned master’s or higher level degree from a regionally accredited institution. Note: cumulative undergraduate level GPA includes all undergraduate-level course work and is not limited to BSN only. Please contact the AFN admissions specialist in the Office of Enrollment Management or the AFN program if you have any questions regarding the necessary GPA to receive a GRE waiver.
- Required prerequisite courses include General Chemistry, Anatomy, Physiology, Pharmacology, and Statistics. Organic Chemistry, Pathophysiology and Microbiology are recommended, but not required. For a list of frequently approved prerequisites, click here.
Provisional acceptance is considered with prerequisite courses or bachelor degree completion pending at the time of interview.
- Completed university application.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended (A minimum 3.0 GPA is required)
- Using MUSC reference forms, three professional references from the following:
- Your most recent employer
- A colleague
- Professional reference of your choice
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) results
- Resume or curriculum vitae indicating a minimum of one year, full-time experience in a critical care setting (ICU, MICU, PICU, CCU, etc.) at the time of application. Specify type of unit and exact dates of employment (eg Seaside Hosptial, MICU, Staff RN, Dec 97-Jan 99). Include your Anesthesia Clinical Shadowing Experience Log.
- Copy of nursing license
- International students need a copy of TOEFL if they have not studied in the U.S.
Note: All above information must be received before an admission decision can be made. It is the applicant's responsibility to review the status of his/her application by viewing: http://www.musc.edu/es/application/progress.html