Section II: The Clinical Education Program and Policies
The Assignment Process
Requirements Before the Clinical Experience Begins
The MUSC PT Education Division faculty will determine that the students are safe and demonstrate the appropriate behaviors before beginning the clinical experiences.
The student must:
1. Demonstrate appropriate professional behaviors as judged by the division faculty.
2. Successfully complete the didactic coursework with a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
3. Submit completed clinical documentation.
4. Attend required clinical education seminars and clinical advising meetings.
5. Successfully pass the Comprehensive examination for CP II through IV.
When the division faculty determines that a student’s academic performance prior to the clinical experience is indicative of cognitive, psychomotor or affective difficulties, the following should occur:
- The student, ACCE and faculty advisor will develop specific objectives provided to the CI on the first day.
- The student may be required to sign an agreement that waives the right to confidentiality to specific information of the individual’s academic record in order to receive appropriate remediation during the clinical experience.
- The ACCE will contact the CCCE with a verbal report that the previous steps have occurred. This information is considered confidential, and should only be shared with the CI if determined necessary by the CCCE. Student permission will be requested and confidentiality will be respected.