Section II: The Clinical Education Program and Policies
Clinical Education Policies
Role of the Coordinator of Clinical Education (with administrative support):
The Clinical Coordinator of Clinical Education:
- Administers the facilities clinical education program.
- Coordinates assignments and activities of students at clinical education sites.
- Selects qualified clinical instructors (CI) for student assignment.
- Distributes information about the curriculum, evaluation materials, clinical education experience objectives and student packet information to the appropriate CI’s.
- Maintains current APTA Clinical Site Information Form (CSIF). For additional CCCE information, please refer to the following APTA documents: Guidelines and Self Assessment for Clinical Education; Reference Manual for Center Coordinators of Clinical Education; or www.apta.org
- Communicates with the ACCE, CI and student.
- Educates and develops CI’s skills as needed
- Assists CI in developing instructional strategies for each student experience.
- Assists CI in alternatives for remedial instruction for students as needed.
- Assists CI in evaluating the student as needed.
- Reports any student who is having difficulties that may result in the risk of the student failing the practicum to the ACCE as soon as possible.