Each student enrolled in the College of Health Professions is expected to follow the code of professional conduct found in the MUSC Bulletin and adhere to the AmSECT Code of Ethics.
Under the code of professional conduct, a student enrolled in the College of Health Professions is expected to:
- Appear and conduct himself/herself in a professionally acceptable manner.
- Be cognizant of and adhere to the channels of authority.
- Be academically and professionally honest.
- Show respect for and be mutually supportive of fellow students, faculty, and staff regardless of race, religion, sex, nationality or economic status.
- Identify truthfully and accurately his/her credentials and professional status
- Refrain from performing any professional service which requires competence that he/she does not possess or which is prohibited by law.
- Accept responsibility for relating incompetence and unethical conduct to the proper authorities.
- Regard as strictly confidential all information concerning each patient and refrain from discussing this information with any unauthorized individual, including the patient.
- Show respect and consideration for the patient, regardless of race, religion, sex, nationality or economic status.
- Be guided at all times by concern for the welfare of patients entrusted to his/her care.