Clinical Practicum I: PT-740, II: PT-741, III: PT-742 and IV: PT-743
Core Requirements of each practicum
- Completion of MUSC and facility required documentation prior to each clinical assignment.
- Students will comply with the Clinical Education components as outlined in the Department of PT Student Handbook.
- Students will successfully complete 8 weeks of clinical practicum totaling 320 hours, or FTE per site for each practicum.
- Students are to complete the clinical information spreadsheet by end of first week (SharePoint) of each practicum.
- Students will successfully complete all assignments or projects as specified by the clinical instructor and/or course coordinators to a level commensurate with a Doctor of Physical Therapy education. for each practicum.
- Students will complete a midterm and final self-evaluation using the PT Clinical Performance Instrument Web for each practicum.
- Students will complete the APTA Physical Therapist Student Evaluation of Clinical Experience and Instruction form and submit to clinical instructor at midterm and final of clinical experience for review/signature. (this form can be found on MUSC SharePoint) for each practicum.