Section II: The Clinical Education Program and Policies
Clinical Education Policies
Role of the Director and Assistant Directors of Clinical Education (with administrative support):
The Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education:
- Plans, implements and refines the academic clinical education component in collaboration with the academic faculty, clinical instructors and students.
- Communicates and coordinates the flow of information between the affiliated sites and the academic institution.
- Maintains updated clinical education files on each facility including contracts, Clinical Site Information Forms (CSIF) and student evaluations.
- Maintains student clinical education files including clinical performance evaluations, necessary paperwork for clinical affiliations and the student clinical information sheet for up to date contact information while on affiliations.
- Coordinates the preparation, assignment and supervision of students in clinical experiences.
- Communicates with clinical education faculty and students before, during and after clinical education experiences.
- Provides or coordinates counseling and remedial intervention on an as needed basis.
- Recruits and develops new clinical sites on an as needed basis.
- Assists clinical faculty development.
- Assigns final grade for each clinical education experience.
- Coordinates clinical site visits.