Expected Student Outcomes CP 4
- Demonstrate consistent, entry-level performance in all eighteen (18) performance criteria (unless a specialty area where entry level is not expected or reasonable in the given time frame for the practical). The red-flag performance criteria are considered foundational and related behaviors should be inherent to the student, with clinical instructors only noting if the behaviors are inappropriate or insufficient. If no deficiencies are noted, it is assumed the student is demonstrating appropriate entry-level performance.
- Specifically, students are expected to advance in all eighteen (18) criteria as compared to earlier clinic practicum experience. Advancement might be in the context of patient volume, patient acuity and/or patient complexity.
- Operationalization of internal schemata for administration of patient/client evaluations typical of the facility evidenced by organization in administration of patient/client evaluations.
- Proficiency in basic patient care skills, respective of the facility.
- Proficiency in patient/client interventions that were repeated throughout the experience.
- Productivity in patient/client management as specified by student/CI established practicum goals. Entry-level productivity should become a reasonable outcome in this experience, dependent upon the student’s prior and future assignments for practicums. Entry-level productivity is reasonable in settings where patient/client mix and acuity is somewhat predictable.