The Admissions Committee reviews all applications with rigor. In addition to considering the criteria below, our committee pays close attention to evidence of:
- The applicant’s attention to detail
- Aptitude for math, chemistry, physics, pharmacology and physiology
- Exceptional manual dexterity and coordination
- A commitment to lifelong learning
- Personal motivation
- A minimum of two years (60 semester hours) at an accredited college or university
- Competitive SAT, ACT, or GRE scores
- A cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above in all college work.
- Required prerequisites found here.
- Three references
- Current CPR Certification
- Shadow a perfusionist. We do not require that the shadowing experience be done at MUSC, yet if you would like to shadow with us, please read the link below for further instructions.
- Confirm prerequisites
- Complete university application
- Minimal Skills Form
- Application fee
- Official transcripts of all college work
- SAT, ACT, or GRE scores
- Three letters of reference
- Shadow log
Please note: All above information must be received before an admission decision can be made. Applcations that are still incomplete after January 15th will not be considered for admission. It is the applicant's responsibility to review the progress of his/her application by viewing: http://www.musc.edu/es/application/progress.html
Regular: January 1
Late: February 28
After the application process is completed, qualified applicants may be invited for a personal interview and tour of the facilities which are held in February.