The Admissions Committee reviews all applications with rigor. In addition to considering the criteria below, our committee pays close attention to evidence of:
- The applicant’s attention to detail
- Aptitude for math, chemistry, physics, pharmacology and physiology
- Exceptional manual dexterity and coordination
- A commitment to lifelong learning
- Personal motivation
- A minimum of two years (60 semester hours) at an accredited college or university
- Competitive SAT, ACT, or GRE scores
- A cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above in all college work.
- Required prerequisites found here.
- Three references
- Current CPR Certification
- Shadow a perfusionist. We do not require that the shadowing experience be done at MUSC, yet if you would like to shadow with us, please read the link below for further instructions.
- Confirm prerequisites
- Complete university application
- Minimal Skills Form
- Application fee
- Official transcripts of all college work
- SAT, ACT, or GRE scores
- Three letters of reference
- Shadow log
Please note: All above information must be received before an admission decision can be made. It is the applicant's responsibility to review the progress of his/her application by viewing: http://www.musc.edu/es/application/progress.html
Regular: January 1
Late: February 28
After the application process is completed, qualified applicants may be invited for a personal interview and tour of the facilities which are held in February.