Frequently Asked Questions
Applying to the Program
About the Program
- How is the DHA degree different than a PhD?
- What are the differences between the various programs of the DHA degree?
- How long is the program?
- What is the tuition rate and what does it cover?
- Is financial aid available?
- When can I apply?
A post-baccalaureate professional degree or master's degree from a regionally accredited university in an information systems related specialty.
How is the DHA degree different than a PhD?
The DHA is an applied professional degree emphasizing the solving of real-world problems or addressing issues of practical concern. The PhD is a research oriented degree emphasizing generation of new knowledge.
- The "Executive" track of the DHA program is designed to meet the intellectual and career development needs of senior healthcare and health policy executives who are actively engaged as leaders. The program is offered in a web based format and requires four on campus extended weekend visits to campus per year.
- The “Interprofessional Studies and Leadership” track of the DHA program focuses on the development of interprofessional leaders in health policy, strategic management and healthcare quality. Students will be practicing clinicians who currently hold or who are seeking leadership positions to influence health care practice. The program is offered entirely in a web based format.
- The “Information Systems and Leadership” track of the DHA program focuses on the development of leadership competency for practicing information technology professionals. Students will be individuals who currently hold positions in the information systems/information technology field who wish to play an advanced role in the development of wide spread healthcare information systems and/or to effect change in how healthcare is delivered. The program is offered entirely in a web based format.
What is the tuition rate and what does it cover?
Academic Charges for the current academic cycle can be found at http://www.musc.edu/em/records/fees.html
Is financial aid available?
Yes, Financial aid services are available and can be found at http://www.musc.edu/em/financialmanagement/