2013 Healthcare Leadership Conference
"Creativity is thinking up new things. Innovation is doing new things." – Theodore Levitt
As one of this century’s most successful economists, Theodore Levitt recognized the “globalization of markets” and inevitable changes in business. At this year’s conference we will examine trends in healthcare including the emergence of medical tourism, technological advances in social media, and strategic implementation for successful change in organizations. Join us for real-world dynamic discussions about tools that focus on innovative solutions for today’s healthcare administrators.
The MUSC Healthcare Leadership Conference, in its 16th year, is hosted by the Department of Healthcare Leadership and Management at the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) to offer members of the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) an opportunity to acquire Category I continuing education credits. Attendees include executive administrators, clinical directors, consultants, information systems professionals, MUSC faculty and alumni among others. Please CLICK HERE to register.
The event will take place at the Daniel Island Club | 600 Island Park Drive | Charleston, SC 29492 CLICK HERE for directions.
- Networking breakfast, lunch and breaks
- Evening Reception | Oyster Roast
- Keynote Speaker - Dr. Bob Barnes - Duke University - "Healthcare Innovation and Entrepreneurship"
- Panel One: Bending the Execution Curve: Implementing Successful Organizational Change in Hospitals and Healthcare Organizations
- Dr. Ninfa Saunders | President and CEO | Central Georgia Health System and The Medical Center of Central Georgia
- Dr. Tim Hobbs | Chief Physician Executive | Community Physician Network, Inc.
- Vincent Joseph | Executive Vice President | Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
- Moderator: Chuck Taylor | General Manager | GE Healthcare
- Panel Two: Medical Tourism: The Globalization of Healthcare
- Jeanne Cooper | Director | UPMC Global Care
- David Boucher | President & COO | UCI Medical Affiliates, Inc & Companion Global Healthcare, Inc.
- Moderator: Michael Meacham | Associate Professor | Medical University of South Carolina
- Panel Three: Employing Social Media to Build Customer Satisfaction & Community Outreach
- Lee Aase | Director | Mayo Clinic for Social Media
- Elissa Nauful | CEO | BallywhoSocial
- Moderator: Jessica Munday | President/CEO | TRIO Solutions
Registration and Fees
Your registration of $425 includes: access to all sessions for up to 4.5 ACHE Face-to-Face credits, conference meals including evening reception and oyster roast and access to download conference presentations after the event.
MUSC Alumni Discount:
Please identify your program and year of graduation upon registration to receive the Alumni fee of $325