Peter Bowman, OTD, OTR/L, OT(C), Dip COT.
- OTD, University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (2005)
- MHS Occupational Therapy, Medical University of South Carolina (1996)
- Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (1982)
- Dip COT Occupational Therapy, Salford College of Technology (1977)
Areas of Teaching
- Musculoskeletal Conditions
- Clinical Reasoning
- Surface Anatomy
- Research Seminar
- Hand Splinting Compliance
- Laptop/Notebook Computer Ergonomics and Education
- Hand Anomalies and Grip Strength
- Student Recruitment
- Scholarship of Teaching
- Dental Ergonomics
- 2015 Team member
"E-learning Innovations: Converting an e-learning module into a marketable mobile application"
MUSC Changing What's Possible Through Innovation and Technology Grant
- Bowman, P.J., Braswell, K.D., Cohen, J.R., Funke, J.L., Landon, H.M. Martinez, P.I., and Mossbarger, J.N., (2014). Benefits of laptop computer ergonomics education to graduate students. Open Journal of Therapy and Rehabilitation. Vol.2, No.1, 25-32.
- Giles, A. K., Carson, N. E., Breland, H.L., Coker-Bolt, P., Bowman, P. J. (2014, September/October).Use of simulated patients and reflective video analysis to assess occupational therapy students’ preparedness for fieldwork. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, Vol. 68, S57-S66.
- Giles, A. K., Seif, G., Annan-Coultas, D., Coultas, J., Bowman, P. J. (2014, October). Flipping the OT and PT lab: Development of an e-learning module. Paper presented at the Association of Schools for Allied Health Professions Annual Conference, Las Vegas, NV.
- Bowman, P.J. (2014) Ergonomics and Prevention of Work Related Injuries, In M.E. Scaffa & S. M. Reitz (Eds.), Occupational Therapy in Community-Based Practice Settings, (2nd ed.), (pp 223-242) Philadelphia PA: FA Davis.
- Bowman, P.J. "Accidental Interprofessional Activity." American Association of Occupational Therapists National Conference, Apr 2015. Nashville, TN.
- Giles, A., Seif, G., Annan-Coultas, D., Bowman, P.J., Coultas, J., Melancon, G. "Flipping the lab: Development of an E-learning module." American Association of Occupational Therapists National Conference, Apr 2015. Nashville, TN.
- Bowman, P.J., Braswell, K.D., Cohen, J.R., Funke, J.L., Landon, H.L., Martinez, P.I., & Mossbarger, J.N. "Benefits of Laptop and Notebook Computer Ergonomics Education to Graduate Students." American Association of Occupational Therapists National Conference, Apr 2014. Baltimore, MD.
- Giles, A., Bowman, P.J., Coker-Bolt, P., Carson, N.E., Breland, H.L. "Making it Real: Using Simulated Patients to Assess Students’ Preparedness for Level II Fieldwork." AOTA National Board for Certification of Orthopaedic Technologists (NBCOT) Education Summit, Oct 2013. Atlanta, GA.
- Bowman, P.J., Giles, A. "Elbow Splinting and UE Kinesiotaping for the Upper Extremity." Medical University of South Carolina Maralynne D. Mitcham Inaugural Lectureship, July 2013. Charleston, SC.
Recent Honors & Awards
- College of Health Professions Outstanding Teacher Award Nominee, 2013
- College of Health Professions Excellence in Service / Clinical Service Award Nominee, 2012
- College of Health Professions Outstanding Teacher Award Nominee, 2009
- Health Science Foundation Teaching Excellence Award in the Educator - Lecturer Category Nominee, 2009
- College of Health Professions Outstanding Teacher Award Nominee, 2008
- Health Science Foundation Teaching Excellence Award, in the Educator - Lecturer Category Nominee, 2008