Peter Bowman, OTD, OTR/L, OT(C)
- OTD, Occupational Therapy, University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (2005)
- MHS, Occupational Therapy, Medical University of South Carolina (1996)
- Dip COT, Occupational Therapy, Salford College of Technology (1977)
Areas of Teaching
- Hand Injuries
- Surface anatomy
- Occupational Performance for Musculoskeletal Conditions I
- Occupational Performance for Musculoskeletal Conditions I Laboratory
- Occupational Performance for Musculoskeletal Conditions II
- Occupational Performance for Musculoskeletal Conditions II Laboratory
- Surface Anatomy
- Special Topics Ergonomics Elective
- Clinical Anatomy and Splinting of the Upper Extremity Elective
- Research Seminar I
- Research Seminar II
- Hand Splinting Compliance
- Laptop/Notebook Computer Ergonomics and Education
- Hand Anomalies and Grip Strength
- Student Recruitment
- Scholarship of Teaching
- Dental Ergonomics
- Bowman, P.J. (2012). Ergonomics work assessment in rural industrial settings: A student occupational therapy project. Work.43, 323-329.
- Bowman, P.J., Ergonomics and Prevention of Work Related Injuries, Occupational Therapy in Community-Based Practice Settings 3rd edition (ed Marjorie Scaffa & Maggie Reitz) FA Davis. (Book chapter)
- Bowman, P.J., (2009, May). Ergonomics, work assessment and and work hardening for occupational therapists, selected paper, (3 hour workshop), American association of occupational therapists national conference, Houston, TX.
- Bowman, P.J., (2007). Recruitment issues and potential solutions to increase rehabilitation science applications. Journal of Allied Health. 36(3), e221-243.
- Bowman, P.J., Carson, N., & Burik, J.K. (2005, May) Community as classroom: Integrating occupation-based community learning experiences into the curriculum. American Occupational Therapy Association annual conference. Long Beach, CA.
- Burik, J.K., & Bowman, P.J., (2004) Managing Age Related Change; Resources for Intervention, continuing education module for practitioners in the rehabilitation professions. [On-line].
- Bowman, P.J., Chiapetta, A., Mitchell, A., Johnson, L., & Belusko, E. (2003).The effect of an absent or anomalous flexor digitorum superficialis of the small finger on grip strength. Journal of Hand Therapy,16, 245-248.
- Bowman, P. J., & Burik, J. K. (2002). Environmental safety and assessment continuing education module for practitioners in the rehabilitation professions. [On-line].
- HRSA/BHP Federal. Community Connections: Partners for Learning and Service. PI: Mitcham, M. D., Participating Faculty: H. H. Wise, E. B. Ricciardone, L. Hays, P. J. Bowman, J. K. Burik, M. L. Woodbury, S. S. Brotherton & L. K. Saladin. (7/1/2002-6/30/2005, Total: $368,906.00), Current Year Amount: $122,642.00.
- An Interdisciplinary, PBL, Distance Education Curriculum Promoting Home and Independent Living by the Elderly. (PHILE) HSRA Allied Health Grant.
- American Association of Occupational Therapists
- National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy
- Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists
- License - South Carolina Board of Occupational Therapy
- South Carolina Occupational Therapy Association