Debora D. Brown, PT, DPT, FNAP
- Transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy, Medical University of South Carolina (2008)
- Master of Physical Therapy, Emory University (1989)
- BA Biology, St. Andrews Presbyterian College (1986)
Areas of Teaching
- Interprofessional education
- Clinical Reasoning
- Examination and evaluation of musculoskeletal related impairments
- Clinical Reasoning
- Interprofessional education and practice
- July 2014-July 2015 Co-Investigator
“MUSC CHP Virtual Interprofessional Grand Rounds”
MUSC Department of Health Professions Interdivisional/Interdepartmental/Intercollege Seed Grant
- Brown DD. (2015). Interprofessional Learning Experiences as a Component of Fulltime Clinical Practicums for Occupational and Physical Therapy Students. Journal of Interprofessional Education and Practice. 1(2), 51.
- Buff SM, Jenkins K, Kern D, Worrall C, Martin K, Brown D, White A and Blue A. (2014). Interprofessional service-learning in a community setting: findings from a pilot study. Journal of Interprofessional Care. Epub.
- Seif GA, Brown D and Annan-Coultas D (2013). Video-Recorded Simulated Patient Interactions: Can They Help Develop Clinical and Communication Skills in Today's Learning Environment. Journal of Allied Health. 42(2):e37–e44.
- Seif GA, Brown D and Annan-Coultas D (2013). Fostering Clinical Reasoning Skills in PT Students through an Interactive Learning Module Designed in the Moodle Learning Management System. Journal of Physical Therapy Education. Vol 27, No 3, Fall 2013.
- Brown, DD, Resnik C, Nithman R, Kirsch N and Fitzsimmons A. "Preparing Students for Interprofessional Collaborative Practice." Educational Leadership Conference, Oct 2015. Baltimore, MD.
- Brown, DD. "Interprofessional Learning Experiences as a Component of Fulltime Clinical Practicums for Occupational and Physical Therapy Students." Poster Presentation. National Academies of Practice, Apr 2015. Washington, DC.
- Brown, DD, Covington, K and Dunfee, H. "Developing Your Facility’s Clinical Education Program: A Workshop for CCCE’s." Combined Sections Meeting, Feb 2015. Indianapolis, IN.
- Seif, GS and Brown, DD. "Fostering Orthopedic Clinical Reasoning Skills in the Physical Therapist Student." American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapist (AAOMPT), Oct 2014. San Antonio, TX.
- Sword, DO, Thomas KJ, Wise HH., Brown DD. "A Simplified Method for Evaluating Cardiopulmonary Auscultation Skills in Physical Therapy Students." Educational Leadership Conference, Oct 2014. Kansas City, KS.
- Brown DD, Howell D, Leaphart AE, and Ragucci KR. "Synchronous Case Conferences as a Successful Strategy for Establishing Interprofessional Clinical Student Experiences during Community Engaged Educational Experiences." Poster presentation. Institute of Medicine, May 2014. Washington, DC.
- Buff S, Wells E, Brown DD, Sword D, Wise HH. "Scaling up Best Practices in Community-based Health Professional Education: Interprofessional service learning with Junior Doctors of Health." Poster presentation. Institute of Medicine, May 2014. Washington, DC.
- Brown DD. "Organizing the Clinical Education Facility Manual." Developing Your Facility Clinical Education Program: A Workshop for CCCE’s. Mar 2014. Charleston, SC.
- Brown DD. "Interprofessional Learning Experiences as a Component of Fulltime Clinical Practicums for Occupational and Physical Therapy Students." Poster presentation. Educational Leadership Conference, Oct 2013. Portland, OR.
- Brown DD. and Burik, J (posthumously). "Moving Interprofessional Learning into Fulltime Clinical Experiences for Occupational and Physical Therapy Students." Poster presentation. Collaborating Across Borders IV: Interprofessional Collaborations, June 2013. Vancouver, Canada.
- Brown DD. "Physical Therapy Management of Clients with Scleroderma." Lowcountry Scleroderma Support Group, Apr 2013. Charleston, SC.
Recent Honors & Awards
- Inducted as a Distinguished Fellow in the Academy of Physical Therapy, National Academies of Practice, Baltimore, MD
- Who’s Who in Academia Honorable Mention, Spring 2015
- Interprofessional Faculty Development Institute, 2011
- APTA Invited evaluator of Advanced Clinical Instructor Training, April 2008