Debora Brown, PT, DPT, MTC
Phone: (843) 792-3939
- DPT, Medical University of South Carolina (2008)
- MPT Physical Therapy, Emory University, degree discipline school (1989)
- BA, Biology, St. Andrews Presbyterian College (1986)
Areas of Teaching
- Interprofessional education
- Clinical Reasoning
- Examination and evaluation of musculoskeletal related impairments
- Thomas, KJ, Wise,HH, Nietert,PJ, Brown, DD, Sword,DO, Diehl,NS. (2011). Interaction with a health care professional influences change in physical activity behaviors among individuals with a spinal cord injury. Topics in Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation 17(1): 94-106
- Wise, HH, Thomas, KJ, Nietert, PJ, Brown, DD, Sword, DO, & Diehl, NS. (2009). Home physical activity programs for the promotion of health and wellness in individuals with spinal cord injury. Topics in Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation. 14(4):122-132.
- Brown, DD and Wise HH (2007) Service Learning to Facilitate Attainment of Professional Practice Expectations in Prevention and Health Promotion. Journal of Physical Therapy Education, 21(3):59-64.
- Morrisette DC, Brown DD and Saladin ME (2004). Temperature Change in Lumbar Periarticular Tissue with Continuous Ultrasound. Journal of Orthopedic and Sports Physical Therapy. 34(12): 754-760.
- Donatelli R, Catlin PA, Backer GS, Drane DL, Slater SM. (1991) Isokinetic Hip Abductor to Adductor Torque Ratio in Normals. Isokinetics and Exercise Science. 1(2):103-111.
- Brown, Debora. Postoperative Rehabilitation Following Total Shoulder Arthroplasty. The Orthopedic Clinics of North America, 1998; 29(3) 535-547.
- Faculty Mentor, “Community Connections II: Partners for Learning, Service and Research”, Dept of Health and Human Services (Dr. M. Mitcham, PI, Dr. H. Wise, Co-PI), Approved for 2005-2008, funded 2005-2006; $212,442.00
- Assessment Director, “Home Physical Activity Programs for the Promotion of Wellness in Individuals with Spinal Cord Injury”, SC Spinal Cord Injury Research Fund, (Dr. Holly Wise, PI; Dr. Jack Thomas, Co-PI), $150,000.00, 2004-2007
Honors and Awards
- Teacher of the Year Award, College of Health Professions May 2004
Medical University of South Carolina