Yue Cao, PhD
- MSPH, Epidemiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham (2011)
- PhD, Medical Sociology, University of Alabama at Birmingham (2010)
- BA, English, Nanjing Normal University, China (2003)
- Health Disparities
- Disability and Rehabilitation
- Life Quality and Suicide
- Migration and Health
- Cao, Y., S.S. Hwang, and J. Xi. 2012. "Project-induced displacement, secondary stressors, and health." Social Science & Medicine 74:1130-38.
- Cao, Y., Y. Chen, and M. J. DeVivo. 2011. “Lifetime Direct Cost after Spinal Cord Injury.” Topics in Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation 16: 10-16.
- Chen, Y., Y. Cao, V. Allen, and J.S. Richards. 2011. “Weight Matter: Physical and Psychosocial Health of Persons with Spinal Cord Injury In Relation To Body Mass Index.” Archives of Physical Medicine Rehabilitation 92: 391-8.
- Hwang, S. S., Y. Cao, and J. Xi. 2011. “The Short-Term Impact of Involuntary Migration in China's Three Gorges: A Prospective Study.” Social Indicators Research 101:73–92.
- Botticello, A., Y. Chen, Y. Cao, and D. Tulsky. 2011. “Do Communities Matter to Rehabilitation Outcomes? An Investigation of the Effect of Community Socioeconomic and Urban Stratification on Health after Spinal Cord Injury.” Archives of Physical Medicine Rehabilitation 92: 464-71.
- Hwang, S. S., Y. Cao, and J. Xi. 2010. “Project-induced Migration and Depression: A Panel Analysis.” Social Science and Medicine 70:1765-72.
- Xi, J., S. S. Hwang, and Y. Cao. 2010. “Ecological Context and Immigrants’ Earnings: English Ability as a Mediator.” Social Science Research 39:652-61.
- Hwang, S. S., J. Xi, Y. Cao. 2010. “The Conditional Relationship between English Language Proficiency and Earnings among U.S. Immigrants.” Ethnic and Racial Studies 33: 1620-47.
- Hwang, S. S., J. Xi, Y. Cao, X. Feng, and X. Qiao. 2007. “Anticipation of Migration and Psychological Stress and the Three Gorges Dam Project, China.” Social Science and Medicine 65:1012-24.