Nancy E. Carson, Ph.D., OTR/L
- Ph.D. Public Health, University of South Carolina (2011)
- MHS Health Sciences, Medical University of South Carolina (1989)
- BS Occupational Therapy, Medical University of South Carolina (1985)
Areas of Teaching
- Psychiatric Treatment
- Developmental Disabilities in the Adult Population
- Mental Retardation
- Psychosocial Issues
- Delivery and Management of Occupational Therapy Services
- Research Seminar and Research Experience
- Sensory Processing Evaluation and Treatment in Adults
- Nutrition and Obesity
- Carson, N.E., Blake, C. E., & Saunders, R.P. (Accepted December 2014). Perceptions and dietary intake of self-described healthy and unhealthy eaters with severe mental illness. Community Mental Health Journal.
- Giles, A., Carson, N., Breland, H., Coker-Bolt, P., & Bowman, P. (2014). Use of simulated patients and reflective video analysis to assess occupational therapy students' preparedness for fieldwork. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 68(S2), 57-66.
- Carson, N.E., Blake, C.E., Saunders, R.P., & O'Brien, J.C. (2013(. Influences on the food choice behaviors of adults with severe mental illness. Occupational Therapy in Mental Health, 29(4), 361-384.
- Kazley, A. S., Annan-Coultas, D., Freeland, M., Carson, N., Zoller, J., & Trickey, B. (2013). Understanding the use of educational technology among faculty, staff, and students at a medical university. Tech Trends, 57(2), 63-70.