Patty Coker-Bolt, PhD, OTR/L
Phone: (843) 792-7491
- PhD, Capella University (2009)
- MHS Health Sciences, Medical University of South Carolina (1999)
- BS Occupational Therapy, Medical University of South Carolina (1998)
- BA Special Education, Pennsylvania State University (1989)
Areas of Teaching
- Early Infant Motor Skills and Muscle Development
- Motor Development
- Pediatrics – Disability and Occupational Therapy Treatment
- Research Seminar
- Independent study
- Infant Motor Development
- Constraint-induced movement therapy (CIMT) for children with hemiplegic type cerebral palsy
- Play and playfulness in children with autism
- Feeding intervention for infants with congenital heart defects
- Coker, P. & Early, M.B. (2012). Occupational Therapy Process: Evaluation and Intervention in Physical Dysfunction. In Early, M.B., Physical Dysfunction Practice Skills for the Occupational Therapy Assistant, (3rd Ed). (in press).
- Coker, P. (2010). The effects of an experiential learning program on the clinical reasoning and critical thinking skills of occupational therapy students. Journal of Allied Health, 39(4); 280-286.
- Coker, P., Garcia, T., & Nabor, E. (2010). Cerebral Palsy. In Soloman & O’Brien, Pediatric Skills for Occupational Therapy Assistants (3rd Ed.). St. Louis, Mo.: Mosby-Elsevier.
- Coker, P., Karakostas, T., Dodds, C., & Hsiang, S. (2010). Gait characteristics of children with hemiplegic cerebral palsy before and after modified constraint-induced movement therapy. Disability and Rehabilitation; 32(5), 402-408.
- Coker, P., Biro, J., French, L., Lee, J., Martin, M., Mitchum, K., Nguyen, C., & Williams, K. (2010). Building the evidence: Emerging research on an OT intervention for infants born with cardiac defects. OT Practice; 15(8): 9-13.
- Coker, P., Imburgia, R., & Lyons, S. (2010). Take me out to the ball park! The effects of a community baseball league. Developmental Disabilities Special Interest Section Quarterly, 33(4): 1-4.
- Coker, P., Lebkicker, C, & Harris, L. (2009). The effects of constraint-induced movement therapy for a child less than one year of age. Neurorehabilition, 24, 199-208.
- Coker-Bolt, P., Gonsalves, W., Kraft, S., Sief, G., & Simpson, K. (2011-2012). Co-PI. Interprofessional Education at the MUSC: Community Aid, Relief, Education and Support Clinic (CARES) clinic. MUSC Interprofessional Collaboration Grant Opportunity Pilot Project Program.
- Coker-Bolt, P., Jenkins, D., & Moreau, N. (2010 to 2011). Principal Investigator. Early gender related motor skill differences in female and male preterm infants. Specialized Center of Research (SCOR).
- Coker-Bolt, P. (2011-2016). Core Faculty. South Carolina Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and Related Disabilities (SC LEND). HRSA Grant, Co-Directors M. Macias, MD and K. Desmond, MD.
- Coker, P. (2009 to 2011). Co-investigator. Developing caring professionals: Infusing compassion and humanism in health professions education Arthur Vining Davis Foundations. ($199,543). Principal investigator. M.D. Mitcham.
- Coker, P. (8/2006 to 8/2012). Principal Investigator, “Camp Hand to Hands”. The Charles Web/Ed Croft Endowment, Coastal Community Foundation of South Carolina.
- Coker, P. and Karakostas, T. (7/01/2007 to 6/30/2009). Principal Investigator, “Using modified CIMT to improve gait and adaptive function in children with hemiplegic cerebral palsy”. MUSC College of Health Professions, Department of Rehabilitation Sciences Pilot Research Grant Program for Developing Investigators.