Aaron Embry, PT, DPT, MSCR
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, Medical University of South Carolina (2008)
- MS Clinical Research, Medical University of South Carolina (2008)
- MS Rehabilitation Science - PT, Medical University of South Carolina (2007)
- BA Biology, Clemson University (2002)
- BA Spanish, Clemson University (2002)
Areas of Teaching
- Physical Therapy Interventions
- Evidence Based Practice
- Interprofessional Education
- Spinal Cord Injury and Stroke Rehabilitation
- Racial Disparities in Health Care
- Revuelta G, Embry AE, Elm J, Gregory CM, Delambo A, Kautz S, Hinson V. (In review). Pilot study of Atomoxetine in patients with Parkinson's disease and Dopa-unresponsive Freezing of Gait. Translational Neurodegeneration.
- DiPiro ND, Embry AE, Fritz S, Middleton A, Krause J, Gregory C. (In review). Effects of Aerobic Exercise Training on Fitness and Walking Related Outcomes in Ambulatory Individuals with Chronic Incomplete Spinal Cord Injury. Spinal Cord.
- DiPiro ND, Morgan P, Holthaus K, Bowden MG, Embry AE, Perry LA, Gregory CM. (2015). Lower extremity strength is correlated with walking function after incomplete SCI. Topics in Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation. 21(2):133–139.
- Morgan P, Embry AE, Perry L, Holthaus K, Gregory CM. (2015). Feasibility of lower-limb muscle power training to enhance locomotor function poststroke. Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development. 52(1):77–84.
- Gregory C, Embry AE, Perry LA, Bowden MG. (2014). Quantifying human movement across the continuum of care: from lab to clinic to community. Journal of Neuroscience Methods. 231:18-21.
- Embry AE. "Moving Forward: Embracing the Challenges of Function and Mobility post Neurological Injury." Medical University of South Carolina Neuroscience Symposium, Mar 2015. Charleston, SC.
- Embry AE. "The Challenges and Opportunities of Leadership in Physical Therapy: An Introduction for the New Professional." Trident Technical College PTA Program. Charleston, SC.
Recent Honors & Awards
- American Physical Therapy Association Emerging Leader Award, 2011
- American Physical Therapy Association – South Carolina Chapter Emily Cate Award for Outstanding Achievement, 2010
- Medical University of South Carolina Student Leadership Society, 2008
- Medical University of South Carolina Earl B. Higgins Student Leadership in Diversity, 2008