Jillian B. Harvey, PhD
- PhD Health Administration and Policy, Pennsylvania State University (2014)
- MPH Health Management and Policy, Oregon State University (2007)
- BS Health Care Administration, Business Minor, Long-Term Care Option, and Certificate in Gerontology, Oregon State University (2000)
Grants and Fellowships
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation/The Pennsylvania State University. 5-12-14 to 5-31-15. Evaluation of the Aligning Forces for Quality Initiative. Subcontract: MUSC Site Principal Investigator $21,836
- Mittler J., O’Hora J., Harvey J., Press M., Volpp K. and Scanlon D. (2013). Turning health reform’s hospital readmission reduction policies into results: Early insights from the field. Population Health Management. 16(4), 255-260.
- McHugh, M., Harvey, J., Asayev, D., Alexander, J., Beich, J., and Scanlon, D. (2012). Approaches to improving the quality of healthcare delivery by multi-stakeholder alliances. Am J Manag Care, 6(Suppl),156-162.
- Harvey, J., Beich, J., Alexander, J., and Scanlon, D. (2012). Building the scaffold to improve health care quality in Western New York. Health Affairs, 31(3), 636-641.
- Alexander, J. A., Hearld, L. R., Mittler, J. N. and Harvey, J. (2012). Patient–physician role relationships and patient activation among individuals with chronic illness. Health Services Research, 47(3), 1201-1223.
Issue Briefs and Reports
- Scanlon, D., Mittler, J., O’Hora, J., Harvey, J., Volpp, K., and Press, M. (2011). The State Action on Avoidable Rehospitalizations (STAAR) Evaluation Report 2009 – 2011. Submitted to The Commonwealth Fund.
Manuscripts Under Peer Review
- McHugh, M., Harvey, J., Shi, Y., Kang, R., and Scanlon, D. Impact of a community-wide quality improvement initiative on chronic illness care. Under Review at Health Services Research. March 2014.
Manuscripts in Progress
- Harvey, J., and Scanlon, D. “Case studies on the evolution of community-level quality improvement programs in three AF4Q communities”
- McHugh, M., Hamil, J., Harvey. J., and Scanlon, D.P. “Challenges to improving quality for multi-stakeholder alliances”
- Harvey, J., McHugh, M., Shi, Y., Kang, R., Alexander, J., and Scanlon, D. “Community-level adoption of Patient Centered Medical Homes”
- Harvey, J., McHugh, M, and Scanlon, D. “Evaluating community approaches to improving healthcare outcomes”
- McHugh, M., Harvey, J., and Hamil, J. “Impact of federal health care reform on local quality improvement efforts”
- Harvey, J., McHugh, M, and Scanlon, D. “Measuring community-level quality improvement infrastructure in communities”
- McHugh, M., Harvey, J., Shi, Y., Kang, R., and Scanlon, D. “Measuring the dose of community-level quality improvement interventions”
- Harvey, J., McHugh, M., Hamil, J., and Scanlon, D. “Multi-stakeholder approaches to improving healthcare quality: A systematic review of the literature”
- McHugh, M., Asayev, D., and Harvey, J. “The spread of quality improvement programs within communities by multi-stakeholder alliances”