Jillian B. Harvey, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. Health Administration and Policy, Pennsylvania State University (2014)
- MPH Health Management and Policy, Oregon State University (2007)
- BS Health Care Administration, Business Minor, Long-Term Care Option, and Certificate in Gerontology, Oregon State University (2000)
Grants and Fellowships
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation/The Pennsylvania State University. 5-15-15 to 5-31-16. Evaluation of the Aligning Forces for Quality Initiative. Subcontract: MUSC Site Principal Investigator $21,836
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation/The Pennsylvania State University. 5-12-14 to 5-31-15. Evaluation of the Aligning Forces for Quality Initiative. Subcontract: MUSC Site Principal Investigator $21,836
- McHugh, M., Harvey, J., Kang, R., Shi, Y., and Scanlon, D. (2015). “Measuring the dose of community-level quality improvement interventions” In Press Medical Care
Research and Review.
- Johnson, E.E., Simpson, A.N., Harvey, J.B., Lockett, M.A., Byrne, K.T., and Simpson, K.N. (2015). Trends in Bariatric Surgery, 2002-2012: Do Changes Parallel the Obesity Trend?
In Press Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases.
- McHugh, M., Harvey, J., Shi, Y., Kang, R., and Scanlon, D. (2015). Community-level quality improvement and the patient experience for chronic illness care. In Press Health Services Research.
- Mittler J., O’Hora J., Harvey J., Press M., Volpp K. and Scanlon D. (2013). Turning health reform’s hospital readmission reduction policies into results: Early insights from the field. Population Health Management. 16(4), 255-260.
- McHugh, M., Harvey, J., Asayev, D., Alexander, J., Beich, J., and Scanlon, D. (2012). Approaches to improving the quality of healthcare delivery by multi-stakeholder alliances. Am J Manag Care, 6(Suppl),156-162.
- Harvey, J., Beich, J., Alexander, J., and Scanlon, D. (2012). Building the scaffold to improve health care quality in Western New York. Health Affairs, 31(3), 636-641.
- Alexander, J. A., Hearld, L. R., Mittler, J. N. and Harvey, J. (2012). Patient–physician role relationships and patient activation among individuals with chronic illness. Health Services Research, 47(3), 1201-1223.
Issue Briefs and Reports
- Harvey, J., McHugh, M., Lunders, C., Alexander, J., and Scanlon, D. (2014). Multi-stakeholder alliance contributions to the spread of health care quality improvement programs.
Submitted to The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
- Scanlon, D., Mittler, J., O’Hora, J., Harvey, J., Volpp, K., and Press, M. (2011). The State Action on Avoidable Rehospitalizations (STAAR) Evaluation Report 2009 – 2011. Submitted to The Commonwealth Fund.
Manuscripts Under Peer Review
- Duckett, P., Hamil, J., Kang, R., Harvey, J., and McHugh, M. Investigating a Multi-stakeholderAlliance Approach to Reducing Hospital Readmissions. Under Review at the Journal for Healthcare Quality. May 2015
- McHugh, M., Harvey, J., Hamil, J., Verevkina, N., Alexander, J., and Scanlon, D. “Impact of the Affordable Care Act on health care alliances’ quality improvement efforts” Under
Review at The Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety. March 2015.
- Harvey, J., McHugh, M., Shi, Y., Kang, R., Alexander, J., Ramsey, P., Casalino, L., Shortell, S., and Scanlon, D. “Community-level adoption of Patient Centered Medical Homes”
Under review at Health Affairs May 2015
- Harvey, J., McHugh, M, and Scanlon, D. “Evaluating community approaches to improving healthcare outcomes: A multiple-case study” Submitted to Health Services Research,
- McHugh, M., Harvey, J., Kang, R., Shi, Y., Fareed, N., Shortell, S., and Scanlon, D. “Using Multi-Stakeholder Alliances to Accelerate the Adoption of Health Information
Technology” Under review at Healthcare: The Journal of Delivery Science and Innovation September 2015
- Johnson, E.E., Simpson, A.N., Harvey, J.B., Simpson, K.N. Diffusion of a Surgical Innovation: Bariatric Surgery in the US from 2002-2012. Submitted to Implementation Science,
September 10, 2015.
Manuscripts in Progress
- Harvey, J., McHugh, M, and Scanlon, D. “Measuring community-level quality improvement infrastructure in communities”
- Harvey, J., McHugh, M., Hamil, J., and Scanlon, D. “Multi-stakeholder approaches to improving healthcare quality: A systematic review of the literature”
- Baker, A. and Harvey, J. “Benefits and barriers to credentialing by proxy”