David W. Howell
David W. Howell, MBA
Phone: (843) 792-6721
- MBA, Business Administration, The Citadel
- BS, Workforce Education and Development, Southern Illinois University-Carbondale
- AA, Associate in Arts, Trident Technical College
Areas of Teaching:
- Community Health and Preventive Medicine
- Clinical Education
- Interprofessional Education
Selected Presentations and Publications:
- Howell, D., Aston, S. (2011). Why IPE? Creating Collaborative Care (C3): Interprofessional Education at MUSC. Invited speaker and consultant for Des Moines University, Des Moines, IA.
- Pilcher, ES., Mauldin, M., Howell, D., McDougall, C. (2011). Interprofessional Faculty Development Institute: Empowering Leaders in Advanced Teambuilding. Journal of Dental Education, February, 2011, 75(2) 190-256.
- Blue, AV., Charles, L., Howell, D., Koutalos, Y., Mitcham, M., Nappi, J., Zoller, J. (2010). Introducing Students to Patient Safety through an Online Interprofessional Course. Advances in Medical Education and Practice, 2010:1, 107-114.
- Blue, AV., Zoller, J., Hall, P., Howell, D. (2010). Introducing Medical Students to other Health Professions through an Interprofessional Day. Southern Group on Educational Affairs Annual Meeting, Oklahoma City, OK.
- Mauldin, M., Howell, D., Zoller, J. (2010). It’s a Whole Different Ball Game: A Model for Helping Faculty Teach in Interprofessional Environments. Presented at Interprofessional Care for the 21st Century: Redefining Education and Practice Conference, Philadelphia, PA.
- Blue, AV., Zoller, J., Howell, D., Burnham, W. (2010). Promoting Cooperation through Interprofessional Co-curricular Activities. Interprofessional Care for the 21st Century: Redefining Education and Practice Conference, Philadelphia, PA.
- Howell, D., Kattwinkel, S. (2009). Leading a Successful QEP beyond its First Year. Presented at SACS-Commission on Colleges Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA.
- Blue, AV., Howell, D. (2009). Creating Collaborative Care (C3): Interprofessional Education at MUSC. Invited speaker and consultant for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, TX.
- Blue, AV., Shaw, D., Burnham, W., Howell, D., Kern, D., Mauldin, M., Mitcham, M. (2009). Interprofessional Education Is Here: One Institution’s Experience and Implications for Psychiatry Education. Association of Directors of Medical Student Education in Psychiatry (ADMSEP).
- Blue AV., Burnham W., Howell D., Kern D., Lancaster C., Mauldin M., Mitcham M., West V. (2009). Infusing Interprofessional Education Across Campus: The Creating Collaborative Care Initiative. Collaborating Across Borders II Conference, Halifax, Canada.
- Blue, AV., Hamm, T., Harrison, D., Howell, D., Lancaster, C., Smith, T., West, VT., White, A. (2008). Teambuilding. MUSC, Charleston, SC.