|Sarah Logan, PhD, MSCR|
Department of Healthcare Leadership and Management
151-B Rutledge Ave, MSC 962
Charleston, SC 29425
- PhD, Biomedical Science (Biostatistics and Epidemiology), MUSC
- MSCR, Clinical Research, MUSC
- MS, Cytology and Bioscience, MUSC
- BS, Cytotechnology, Indiana University School of Medicine
- Developing estimates for the cost of care and cure for HCV, MUSC
- Healthcare data analysis. Special areas of interest include 1) Treatment studies, 2) Development of adherence measurement methods, 3) systematic reviews and meta-analysis.
- Epidemiology. Special areas of interest include 1) study design and analysis, 2) population-based surveillance systems, 3) methods of data linkage across data sources
- Clinical trial design, implementation, and analysis
- Global health disease prevalence and prevention
Areas of Teaching
- Evidence-Based Medicine
- Comparative Effectiveness Research
- Gross and Neuroanatomy
- Adherence to Psychotropic Medications in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Logan SL, Carpenter LC, Leslie RS, Hunt KS, Garrett-Mayer E, Nicholas. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders. In press.
- Morrisette D, Cholewic J, Logan S, Seif G, McGowan S. A Randomized Clinical Trial Comparing Extensible and Inextensible Lumbosacral Orthoses and Standard Care Alone in the Management of Lower Back Pain. Spine. Submitted.
- Ricci R, Salatino A, Logan S, Funk, AP. et al. Imaging the Neural Mechanisms of Visio-Spatial Perception with Interleaved TMS/fMRI Technique: Preliminary Evidence. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. 2012. Doi: 10.3389/fnhum.2012.00326.
- Logan SL, Nicholas J, Carpenter L, King L, Garret-Mayer E, Charles J. High Prescription Drug Utilization and Associated Costs Among Medicaid-Eligible Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders Identified by a Population-based Surveillance Network. Annals of Epidemiology, 2012; 22; 1:1-8.
- Nicholas JS, Carpenter LA, King LB, Jenner W, Wahlquist A, Logan SL, Charles JM. Completeness of Case Ascertainment for Surveillance of Autism Spectrum Disorders using the Autism Developmental Disabilities Monitoring Network Methodology. Disability and Health Journal, 2012; 5(3): 185-189.
- Korte J, Magruder K, Chiuzan C, Logan SL, Killeen T, Bandyopadhyay D, Brady K. Assessing Drug Use during Follow-up: direct comparison of candidate outcome definitions in pooled analyses of addiction treatment studies. Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse, 2011; 37(5): 358-366.
- Hunt K, Logan SL, Conway D, Korte J. Postpartum Screening Following Gestational Diabetes Mellitus: How Well are we Doing? Current Diabetes Reports, 2010;10(3):235-241.
- Holladay EB, Logan SL, Arnold J, Knesel B, Smith, Denice. Comparison of the clinical utility of p16ink4a immune-localization with the presence of human papillomavirus by hybrid capture 2 for the detection of cervical dysplasia/neoplasia. Cancer Cytopathology. 2006; 108(6): 451-461.