Thomas E. McKee, Ph.D.
Education and Professional Certifications
- Ph.D. Business Administration, Accounting Concentration, Georgia State University (1975)
- MBA Accounting Concentration, Georgia State University (1973)
- BS Business Administration, Accounting Major, East Tennessee State University (1969)
- CPA - Certified Public Accountant (Licensed in North Carolina, but not licensed or practicing in South Carolina)
- CMA - Certified Management Accountant
- CIA - Certified Internal Auditor
Areas of Teaching
- Healthcare Financial Accounting
- Healthcare Managerial Accounting
- Healthcare Finance
- Financial Modeling
- Financial distress prediction
- Fraud prediction
- Data mining and knowledge extraction
- McKee, T. (2015). New FASB Standard Addresses Revenue Recognition Considerations. Healthcare Financial Management. December, 2015, pp. 72-78.
- McKee, T., McKee, LJB. (2014). Using Excel To Perform Monte Carlo Simulations. Strategic Finance, Vol. XCVI, No. 6, December 2014, pp. 47-51.
- McKee, T. (2014). Evaluating Financial Fraud Risk During Audit Planning. The CPA Journal. Vol. LXXXIV, No. 10, October, 2014, pp. 28-31.
- McKee, T. (2014). The Importance of Data Integrity. The CPA Journal. Vol. LXXXIV, July, 2014, pp. 6-7.
- McKee, T., McKee, LJB. (2013). Using Learning Curves For Revenue Recognition. The CPA Journal. Vol. LXXXIII, April 2013, pp. 60-64.
- McKee, T. “Learning How To Individualize and Energize Online MHA Educational Experience Via Simulations.” Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA) Annual Meeting, June 2013. Monterey, CA.
Recent Honors & Awards
- MUSC College of Health Profession’s Outstanding Teacher Award Nominee, 2015-2016
- Certificate of Merit in annual Lybrand Awards manuscript competition from Institute of Management Accountants for article “Using Excel To Perform Monte Carlo Simulations,” 2015
- MUSC College of Health Profession’s Outstanding Teacher Award Nominee, 2008-2009
- Victoria University Don Trow Visiting Research Fellow, Wellington, New Zealand, 2007