Michael R. Meacham, JD, MPH
Phone: (843) 792-5402
- JD, University of Kansas
- MPH, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Wichita State University
Areas of Teaching
- Development, enactment and implementation of public policy
- Ethical Leadership
- Leadership and management of healthcare organizations
- Strategic planning for health care organizations, leadership and health policy
- Member, Kansas House of Representatives, 1977-1985
- Member of the Appropriations Committee
- Author of legislation establishing the Kansas High Technology Commission, which became the Kansas Technology Enterprise Corporation
- Attorney and Non-profit executive, 1983-1995
- Director and Legal Counsel, Community Care of Kansas, 1996-1998
- Director of Health System Development for Connecticut’s Office of Health Care Access, 1998-2001
- Led administrative improvements in Connecticut's Certificate of Need Law and other regulatory reforms affecting hospitals.
- Vice President for Integrated Health Services at Eastern Connecticut Health Network, 2001-2003
- Responsible for multiple healthcare units including administrative and clinical personnel.
- Successfully led implementation of a 2-campus hospitalist system, improved the quality and financial outcomes of the related physician practices, the cancer center, long-term care services, school-based health clinics and Early Head Start services.
- Associate Professor at Pennsylvania State University; Executive Director, MHA Program, 2003-2010
- Associate Professor at Medical University of South Carolina in the Department of Healthcare Leadership and Management, 2010-Present
- Teaching in the DHA and MHA programs
- Leading creation of the Executive Education Curriculum