Emily L. Moore
Emily L. Moore, Ed.D
Phone: (843) 792-3328
College of Health Professions
- Institute of Educational Management (IEM), Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 1994
- Ed.D. Health Education Administration, University of South Carolina, Columbia, 1980
- MA Health Education, Washington University, St. Louis, MO, 1972
- Graduate Studies - Occupational Therapy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, 1968-1969
- BS Health Education, Physical Education and Recreation, George Williams College, Downers Grove, IL, 1968
Areas of Teaching
- Health Education Administration
- Educational Leadership and Policy Studies in Higher Education
- College Teaching
- Community and Public Health
Administrative and Academic
- Professor Emerita, Higher Education, Iowa State University, Ames
- Program Director, Master in Health Administration - Global, Medical University of South Carolina
- Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, Dillard University, New Orleans, LA
- Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of Faculty, Concordia University, St. Paul, MN
- Interim Academic Dean, Dean of Teacher Education and Chair, Div. of Education and Psychology, Concordia College, Ann Arbor, MI
- Coordinator, Health Education Programs, Detroit Hypertension Control Research Program, United Community Services
- Director, Health Education Department, Metropolitan Hospital and Health Centers, Detroit, MI
- College Teaching for a Global Community
- Partnership for Prevention: HIV in Rural Black Life
- Perspectives on Beliefs of Southern College Students about HIV Prevention
- Generations of Warriors (Study of leadership and character of seven generations of Gullah women in one family)
- Women and Children of Zimbabwe, Photo Essay of Dichotomy: The Devastation of HIV/AIDS
- Monograph: Moore, Emily L. (Ed.), Student Affairs Staff as Teachers. New Directions for Student Services Series, no. 117, San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2007.
- Leigh, P.R., Blake, J. H. and Moore, E.L., “Digital Equity in a Traditional Culture: Gullah Communities in South Carolina.” In Patricia R. Leigh (Ed.) (2011) International Exploration of Technology Equity and the Digital Divide: Critical, Historical and Social Perspectives. Hershey, PA: Information Science Reference, IGI Global, pp.173-192.
- Moore, Emily L. and Rebekah S. Marsh. “College Teaching for Student Affairs Professionals.” In Emily L. Moore (Ed.) Student Affairs Staff as Teachers. New Directions for Student Services Series, no. 117, San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2007.
- Moore, Emily L. and J. Herman Blake. “Articulation, Communication, Dissemination: Sharing Experience with Others.” In Emily L. Moore (Ed.) Student Affairs Staff as Teachers. New Directions for Student Services Series, no.117, San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2007.
- Blake, J.H. and Moore, E.L. (2004) “Retention and Graduation of Black Students: A Comprehensive Strategy”, in Durancyk, I. M., Higbee, J. L., Lundell, D. B. (Eds), (2004). Best Practices for Access and Retention in Higher Education. Minneapolis, MN: Center for Research on Developmental Education and Urban Literacy, General College, University of Minnesota, pp. 63-71.
- Moore, E. (2004) “HIV/AIDS Prevention in a Rural African American Community: The Impact of Grassroots Women Leaders” [Extended Abstract]. Medimond S.r.l., Bologna, Italy, E710S4371, 207-211.
- Blake, J. H. and Moore, E. L. (2000) "The Strength of Partnerships: Belief in Each Other's Dreams", Partnership Perspectives, Community-Campus Partnerships for Health, 1(2)
- Moore, E. L. and Blake, J. H. (1999) "HIV/AIDS and African Americans in Higher Education", National Association of Student Personnel Administrators Health Education and Leadership Program.
- Blake, J. H. and Moore, E.L. (1999) "The Color Line: The Enduring Challenge in Higher Education”, Metropolitan Universities, 9(4), 77-80.
- Fulbright Senior Specialist Roster Candidate, Council for International Exchange of Scholars, Washington, DC
- American Council on Education Fellow, University of Michigan-Dearborn
- Iowa State University, College of Human Services Faculty Award for International Achievement
- Belle Ringer Image Role Model Award, Bennett College, Greensboro, NC
- George Washington Carver Visiting Scholar, Iowa State University
- Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Chicago, IL Institutional Review Council; Team Chairs Corps; Accreditation Review Council Consultant-Evaluator
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Accreditation Liaison, Dillard University, New Orleans, LA
- American Council on Education Fellows, Executive Board
- National Association of Student Personnel Adm. Health Education/Leadership Program Advisory Board
- Professional Standards Commission for Teachers, Michigan Board of Education
- Board of Directors, Respite Care Charleston, South Carolina
- Board of Directors, United Cerebral Palsy Foundation of Minnesota, St. Paul
- Board of Directors, Metropolitan Health Education Council, Detroit, Michigan
- Board of Directors, United Health Organization of Southeast Michigan
- Board of Directors, Mid-Carolina Council on Alcoholism, Columbia, South Carolina
- Profile Writer, Community Health Education Field of Service, United Foundation Priorities Update, Detroit, Michigan
- Resource Person, Michigan White House Convention on Aging, Lansing, Michigan
- Editorial Boards and Panels
- Journal of Health Administrators, Reviewer Panel
- Prevention Medicine and Cancer Prevention
- Encyclopedia of Prevention Medicine, Advisory Board