David C. Morrisette, PT, Ph.D., OCS, ATC, FAAOMPT
- Research Sabbatical: Spinal Biomechanics Laboratory, Yale University (2005)
- Ph.D. Physiology, Medical University of South Carolina (1997)
- Physical Therapy, Emory University (1983)
- MA Athletic Training, West Virginia University (1979)
- BA Education, Marshall University (1974)
Areas of Teaching
- Musculoskeletal pathology, examination, diagnosis, and intervention
- Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy (OMPT)
- Clinical Reasoning
- Developing collaborative relationships for research, including with clinicians who are interested in research
- Osteoarthritis (OA)
- Chronic pain complications following spinal cord injury (SCI)
- September 2015 - June 2020 Site Principal Investigator
"Pragmatic clinical study for the management of lower back pain : comparison of primary care physician management versus primary care physician plus physical therapy with a cognitive behavioral approach"
PCORI Funding Center
- Dubick M, Ravin TH, Michel Y, Morrisette D. (2015). Use of Localized Human Growth Hormone and Testosterone Injections in Addition to Manual Therapy and Exercise for Lower Back Pain: A Case Series with 12-Month Followup. Journal of Pain Research, 23(8):295-302.
- Morrisette DC, Cholewicki J, Logan S, Seif G, McGowan S. (2014). A randomized clinical trial comparing extensible and inextensible lumbosacral orthoses and standard care alone in the management of lower back pain. Spine, 39 (21) :1733-1742.
- Brotherton S, Morrisette DC. "History and clinical findings leading to suspicion of Ehlers Danlos Syndrome for an adolescent referred for treatment of headaches." American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) NEXT Conference, June 2014. Charlotte, NC.
Recent Honors & Awards
- 2014 Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Elite Reviewer, May 2015
- Alpha Eta, National Health Professional Honor Society, 2015
- Association of Schools of Allied Health Professions, 2012
- Medical University of South Carolina Interprofessional Faculty Development Institute Fellow, 2010
- MUSC Board of Trustees Leadership Academy Fellow, 2009
- Medical University of South Carolina Health Sciences Foundation Teaching Excellence Award. Educator – Mentor, 2007
- MUSC College of Health Professions Developing Researcher Award. College, 2006
- South Carolina Chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association Butch Buchanan Outstanding Clinician Award, 2006